Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
SRX
104 Posts
I recently bought a DVD based GM service manual on Ebay from a seller called morpheousking it is excellent, all GM vehicles are included up to 2005. It was only
$25. Very worthwhile

·
Registered
2005 SRX V6
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pinetree: I couldn't find an Ebay seller by that name. Do you have a link?

Rippy: Thanks for the info, but a little more than I want to spend on a manual.

·
Registered
13,969 Posts
well the manual costs what it costs... you can either get a used one cheaper

or go with the (likely) copyright infringing $25 DVDs sold on ebay

OR subscribe to alldatadiy.com or mitchell on demand

·
Registered
05 srx awd v6 (gone), '07 GXP, 2010 li'l red wagon 3.6
3,177 Posts
Spud, I know it sounds like a lot, but you've got a $50K car and you want to take good care of it. I've bought Helms manuals for all my cars since 1978 and don't regret any of it. You will probably save more than the cost just in the mistakes not made. Cheers!
Another thought: if you have a good dealer and have a specific thing you're looking for, the service mgr. will let you see the older service manuals, may even copy pages for you. Good luck!

·
Registered
2005 SRX N*
72 Posts
I was able to get all three GM manuals for my 2005 SRX on ebay for about $75. Stacked on top of each other they are about 1 ft. tall. Worth that and more as I have used them so far to change out my non-working nav system with one from a wrecked SRX, install an ipod adapter and headrest dvd system, install upgraded rotors/brakes, and change out the front turn signal bulbs/sockets. So far I figure I've saved over $5000 vs. having the dealer do these repairs/upgrades.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts