Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I ran into a log the other day - to paint the front bumper =$400. Labor to remove and install - 3.5 hours = $245.

I'd guess the fender is about the same amout for labor and paint - you're easily up to $1200+

·
Registered
03 White/Diamond CTS (sold)
1,663 Posts
That f....en sucks dude!!! :mad:

I had a big trucks flat-tire hit my front bumper on the right side and they esstimated around $1200 just for that. I do have the White Diamond so it's way expensive (3 stage paint) and they also in the estimate put that the bumper needs to be new....

Talk to your insurance company, mine halped me out for this wasn't my fault so all I had to front is the deductible, better that then the whole sum.... and they are not raising my premium or anything.... they say stuff happens and since it wasn't my fault they were very nice and helpfull about it.... and yeah, paying even the deductible for it sucks for it wasn't your fault but if they help you out on it - that helps some!!!

·
Registered
2003 1SC Diamond White CTS
3,281 Posts
Here's what my friend said after I showed him the picture...
---
Depending on how much that paint is you are looking at about $800 in damage. If I am looking at the picture right he damaged his front bumper also? If it is just a scuffmark that took off the paint he will be ok but if the bumper is damaged he is look at an extra $1,200 for a new bumper.
If that color of the car is the same color as yours the paint is very expensive and very hard to match. About another $600.
Also we are talking about my dad’s prices. Not upscale auto shops prices so you have to take that into account also.
But that is my best guess.
---

Sorry man... looks like you're in it deep.

·
Registered
362 Posts
My guess would be about $1700+ if the bumper is damaged as well. I had a very similar incident the first week I had my CTS, my bumper also had a small crack on the corner, after repairing everything, the bill was just under $2000 (that was repairing the crack, not replacing the bumper).

As I posted before, some ******* backed into my car just before christmas with a trailer hitch, and drove off. So again my bumper is wrecked, was going to get it fixed in April, when last week I was at our local real estate board, and some other shit head clipped the corner of my front bumper (No More Backing Into Parking Stalls!!!!!). And now my bumper is cracked again on the corner I originally had repaired. New bumper time for me!

Shitty how people hit your ****ing car and dont have the nerv to take responsability! I feel your pain asakas

·
Registered
'04 Escalade EXT
352 Posts
Mine is currently in the shop for the front end.
-new bumper, paint, new grille, pop out dent in hood, replace chrome bezel-
all runs in at about $2100. I am guessing that yours is going to be very close to that.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Have you reported this to ur Ins. Co.? If your State is a no fault state, they will pay for your reapir and then go after the other guy's Ins. If they collect they will send you back the deductable. As you know, I had an accident and need a rear bumper, drive side rear quarter panel new trunk lid and a new left side exhaust. All of this at the Caddy deaker was 10k I found a local who did it for $3,800. He did a damn good job. So if I got all that done for ~400 you should probably run under 2k.

Sorry to hear about it. I know how you feel! Keep it in the right prospective, its a car and it can be fixed! No one got hurt and you are alive to curse and feel rotten about it. Get it fixed soon, you will feel better sooner!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have you reported this to ur Ins. Co.? If your State is a no fault state, they will pay for your reapir and then go after the other guy's Ins. If they collect they will send you back the deductable. As you know, I had an accident and need a rear bumper, drive side rear quarter panel new trunk lid and a new left side exhaust. All of this at the Caddy deaker was 10k I found a local who did it for $3,800. He did a damn good job. So if I got all that done for ~400 you should probably run under 2k.

Sorry to hear about it. I know how you feel! Keep it in the right prospective, its a car and it can be fixed! No one got hurt and you are alive to curse and feel rotten about it. Get it fixed soon, you will feel better sooner!
"No Fault" has absolutely nothing to do with physical damage to a vehicle.. The easy to understand explanation is that if you live in a "No Fault" state, you go to your own insurance company for PIP (personal injury protection) benefits (you happen to be paying for) if you become injured as a result of an auto accident regardless of who's car you are in. There are variations in most states and exceptions apply to certain commercial vehicles (taxis). It is believed to cut down on personal injury claims and lower your insurance premiums. And yes, you can use your own insurance to fix your car if you added collision coverage when you took out the policy and pay your deductible They will subrogate (if they can) from the responsible party and usually return the same percentage of your deductible they collect from the responsible party.
It is surprising that insurance agents and companies do not explain how the "no fault" laws work whenever it applies.

·
Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
7,430 Posts
This thread is over thirteen years old.
The players have left the table.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts