Cadillac Owners Forum banner
2K views 41 replies 5 participants last post by  mccombie_5 
#1 ·
I have family flying in TOMORROW, I walked into a Hertz office last month to book their rental (Mercedes E240) and paid cash, etc.

This evening at 4:30 I get a call.

"Hello, is this Mr McCombie"
"yes, who is speaking?"
"blah blah from Hertz car rental"
"yeah?"
"We're calling to inform you we cannot provide a Class N car for collection tomorrow"
"WHAT??!! I booked that weeks ago"
"Yes, we're terribly sorry, you have the choice of a Vauxhall Corsa, or you money back"
"Money back please"
"ok..... (details etc)"
*angrily puts phone down*

Jolly nice of Hertz to leave me in the shit like this!

GOing to have to let them use the Caddy :helpless:

See less See more
#2 ·
Hey, while this may appear bad to you, this will be the first time your inlaws will ride in a Cadillac! So this is gonna be a life changing experience for them!

#3 ·
I~LUV~Caddys8792 said:
Hey, while this may appear bad to you, this will be the first time your inlaws will ride in a Cadillac! So this is gonna be a life changing experience for them!
Well, theyve been in the DHS before.

Its actually Claire's uncle and aunt, they have no family, so we have them, since her mother died, theyve been like parents to Claire. Her uncle has been since her dad died when she was very young.

I cant believe I wont have a car they neednt worry about for them to drive, if they know its mine they'll worry about crashing or dinging it.

#4 ·
hmmm why dont you try another car rental place....or with your vast amount of disposable income ;) you could just go out and buy an older Benz for them :D

#8 ·
urbanski said:
don't you have like 20 cars? :bonkers: :p :thepan: ;) :cloud9:
Exageration, I have seven.

BUT

Two are left hand drive, so they can use them but I dont think they would appreciate it on the roads in the UK, one is in no fit state to be driven, my wife went field driving in it, one is only used off road, and has appropriate tyres, and that leaves the Phaeton, the Seville, and the Mercedes.
Claire is using the Mercedes, and I use the Phaeton, leaving me with the STS, which they would probably be uncomfortable with driving a Mercedes Benz CLS 320 DIESEL V6 back home in Germany, they probably wont want to use a FWD V8 car, especially if its mine, because I know I would feel on edge driving another guys car around, if I just say the Phaeton belongs to the company (which it technically does) they will be les worried :D

I think I'm going to just use the STS, give them the VW to use.

#10 ·
I expect you will be writing a letter to the General Manager expressing your displeasure and the fact that this situation is completely untenable. I shall also expect you to be asking how they intend to make this situation right as well as what steps will they take to insure this is not repeated in the future? :rant2:

#11 ·
Kev said:
I expect you will be writing a letter to the General Manager expressing your displeasure and the fact that this situation is completely untenable. I shall also expect you to be asking how they intend to make this situation right as well as what steps will they take to insure this is not repeated in the future? :rant2:
Its already typed up my friend :D

Ill drop a copy into their office marked with the manager's name (I know him personally, have been using him for various rentals for a long time now, and he has never let me down before. I am a #1 club member, since my clients sometimes fly in or get a train here and need a car. I often rent one on their behalf and put it down to expenses.

I do happen to know the manager is on holiday over Christmas with the kids. Not hsi fault, his staff though.

#12 ·
mccombie_5 said:
Its already typed up my friend :D

Ill drop a copy into their office marked with the manager's name (I know him personally, have been using him for various rentals for a long time now, and he has never let me down before. I am a #1 club member, since my clients sometimes fly in or get a train here and need a car. I often rent one on their behalf and put it down to expenses.

I do happen to know the manager is on holiday over Christmas with the kids. Not hsi fault, his staff though.
Alright, way to go!

Of course you added that their response will determine the future of your business relationship with either them or their competition! :sneaky: :contract::bouncer:

#14 ·
"Dear Mr. Jameson,
I am, unfortunately writing to complain about a rental I took out on November 28th, for a collection and two week rental from the 22nd of December onwards. Your office telephoned me at 4:30 on the 21st of December to inform me there would not be a car in class N available for collection on my required date. I was, however, given the choice of a class B car, or a full refund. I chose, as you may know, for the refund. This is not acceptable treatment, in my opinion, to a #1 club member. I have used your office for service for the last seven years, and have never had any problems with your very helpful service, but this is not acceptable.
This was an important personal rental, and I was left in an uncompromising position. I am extremely disappointed with you service, and I will be rethinking my use of your service on a business use. I am sure AVIS will provide an adequate service.
I am honestly disappointed to be writing this letter, and I hope I do not have to take further action by moving my agreement to another agency. I also would like a two-week rental of a class N car, to compensate for the car I lost on the 21st. I will await a reply from yourself, and agreement can be reached from there.

Yours,

Craig J McCombie"

It needs a rwrite, probably entirely, but Its the best I can do becasue my PA is still off sick.

#15 ·
Here is my version Craig;

"Dear Mr. Jameson,

It brings me no pleasure to inform you of my complaint regarding a rental agreement I took out on November 28th, for a collection and two week rental from the 22nd of December onwards. The agreement was for a specific class N vehicle, namely, a Mercedes E240.

Your office telephoned me at 4:30 on the 21st of December to inform me there would not be a car in class N available for collection on my required date. I was, however, given the option of a class B car, or a full refund. I chose, as you may know, for the refund.

This is not acceptable treatment, in my opinion, to a #1 club member. I have used your office for service for the last seven years, and have never had any problems with your very helpful service, but this is not acceptable.

This was an important personal rental, and I was left in an uncompromising position. I am extremely disappointed with this situation and the options I was presented with. I would like to know how you intend to rectify this and ensure that it is not repeated. I should think a two-week rental of a class N car, to compensate for the car I lost on the 21st would be a good start.

I am honestly disappointed to be writing this letter, and I hope I do not have to take further action by moving my agreement to another agency. Your response will determine the future of our business relationship.

Yours,

Craig J McCombie"

#17 ·
I hope so, and thanks!

Let us know how it pans out.

#19 ·
Hopefully it will also garner you better future service. If all goes as planned, the office staff will be very aware of your future agreements and more attentive to detail. Your name shall be known there. As you walk in the place there should be be trepidant whisperings as they snap to in salutations!

#20 ·
Kev said:
Hopefully it will also garner you better future service. If all goes as planned, the office staff will be very aware of your future agreements and more attentive to detail. Your name shall be known there. As you walk in the place there should be be trepidant whisperings as they snap to in salutations!
LOL!

Like when I walk into Starbucks :rolleyes:

#21 ·
mccombie_5 said:
LOL!

Like when I walk into Starbucks :rolleyes:
Uh-oh! Sounds like a story there?

#22 ·
Kev said:
Uh-oh! Sounds like a story there?
:D

Well one time I go into Starbucks, I love Starbucks coffees. So I pay and go and wait at the other counter at the side where you collect your drink, standing around people coming and going with their coffee, so I asked where it was, the girl asked me what id ordered, I told her, she handed me it, (it had been sitting there ten minutes and nobody called it) so I got to a seat, took one drink and it isnt what I ordered, so i take it back, put it on the counter, tell her its the wrong one, she says "you order a x x x?" "yeah" " this is one" "taste it, it isnt i pomise" " i cant taste it but i'll make you another".

THe second one comes (ive been in Starbucks half an hour now), I take on drink again, its the wrong one.

I went back to the counter slightly pissed now, and informed her in firm but polite words that she had given me the wrong drink TWICE. AS she said "no d didnt" I burst into a louder voice and informed her the basic rule of trading, THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT. Peopel started looking as i countinued YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS? IT MEANS YOU ARE WRONG, back in my polite voice I say, now may I have an <insert drink here> and with e aterrified look she made me the correct drink :D

They all LOVE me in there now, my son makes me go to a different one to his work

#23 ·
Good one! So many people forget that little truth. "The customer is always right."

Piss 'em off and they don't come back!
:histeric:

#25 ·
Have you sent off that letter by chance? I'll be eager to hear their response.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.