Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, after removing my Weapon X lowering springs due to clunking and springing noises, I installed the lowering springs from Renick. Theses springs are perfectly quiet, the ride is not stiff at all and the stance is perfect. I have driven 200 miles on them so far and wanted to wait a few days to make sure they would stay quiet. I've been assured by Steve from WeaponX that he will refund my money 100%,but if I run into issues with Weapon X, I will be sure to warn everyone. Alan

·
Registered
'06 STS-V, '17 CTS-V
775 Posts
Hey guys, after removing my Weapon X lowering springs due to clunking and springing noises, I installed the lowering springs from Renick. Theses springs are perfectly quiet, the ride is not stiff at all and the stance is perfect. I have driven 200 miles on them so far and wanted to wait a few days to make sure they would stay quiet. I've been assured by Steve from WeaponX that he will refund my money 100%,but if I run into issues with Weapon X, I will be sure to warn everyone. Alan
I installed the Weapon-X springs yesterday. No rubbing issues or noises yet. The write-up of their install on the ATS-V in their forum was helpful. It might be that the clunking noise you heard was due to the longer shock bolt being mounted in the spot of the shorter trailing arm bolt, and vice versa. The shock bolt is about 3/4"-1" longer than need be, and it's counterintuitive that the longer bolt runs through the shock mount. It's possible that mistakenly putting the longer shock bolt through the trailing arm bushing may allow the bolt itself to contact the rear control arm under cornering. There is not enough clearance for the two to run past each other. I know this because I realized I got them backwards when doing mine, and looking at the clearance between the longer bolt & control arm.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts