Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am hoping to install the E&G Classic mesh grille soon. Can anyone tell me how to remove the old grille,and do you need to drop the bumper to get it out?Thank you,Joe

·
Registered
91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)
4,396 Posts
northstar728 said:
I am hoping to install the E&G Classic mesh grille soon. Can anyone tell me how to remove the old grille,and do you need to drop the bumper to get it out?Thank you,Joe
You will post pictures of the finished job, right? I'm thinking of the same mod - and Christmas is just around the corner... Where can you get the E&G mesh grille online?

·
Registered
2003 CTS
174 Posts
Ok, I just finished swapping out my old grey grill with a nice new jenningsparts.com stainless steel mesh v-grill and I have a few comments on this post....

First: There are 16 plastic pins holding the stock grill in place, not 6 as I have read on previous posts on this subject. The top 8 (6 along the top, 1 on either side of each headlamp) are the easiest to remove/replace. The bottom 8 are another story.

There are 2 on each side of the grill that face away from where your arm would be to remove them. The best way (I found) to remove them is to use the tip of a flat head screwdriver and push the middle "pin" out of the housing from the back forward (Since the head of the pin will be facing the outer side of the car) The way the pins work is there is a hard plastic "pin" that snaps into a plastic round "lock" You can push the pin out backwards with a little force.

The bottom 4 are the worst. They are face down (facing the steel frame of the car) and to get them out you have to repeat the process with the side 4, but getting them back in is a bit of a challenge. You will have to START with putting these back first. You can bend the plastic bumper forward JUST A LITTLE to get the pins to go back in with the "heads" of the pins facing down.

Once you have those 4 replaced, make sure all the plastic guides go into their respectivee slots on the grill/bumper so that the new grill sits into the bumper groove properly.

Once you have the grill seated, and the bottom 4 replaced. Replace the side 4 (which is not simple, but certainly easier than the bottom 4)

Next, replace the top 8 and finally, polish all your sweat and fingerprints and head directly to the carwash!

I hope this helps. :)

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts