Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, i am tring to help out my grandma by fixing her speaker, the door speaker on the driver side doesnt work but makes a god aweful screaching sound. I tried to remove the radio to check the wiring but i cannot pull it out. i removed the 2 screws at the top of the radio and tried pulling but its no use, how do you remove it. And how do you get to the door speaker without tearing the door apart?

·
Registered
247 Posts
I had the same problem on my DeVille. So far you are doing the right thing. There is a little screw behind the stereo that you van get access to by working under the ashtray thingy. You might have to get upside down for that one. To get the door panel off, you remove the 2 screws under the handle to close the door, then you remove the screw behind the door handle. Then you get off the little door lights on the rear of the armrest, and at the bottom. There is 1 screw in each of these places. Then you pry off the lil button control center thingy or whatever you call it. Don't pry it from the front. Get it from the back. (the end that is closer to you) Then there are about 2 or 3 screws in there. Don't know exactly how many. Then once you get that done, you can remove the door panel. I don't know why I just sat and typed all of this cause I got all this info from the site that was just recommended to you, and you probably checked it out by now. Oh well. Good luck!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts