Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have one of those sticky parking passes on the corner of my windsheild, I want to remove it, whats the best way anyone knows to remove it easily and without any scratching?? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I would use a sharp blade. Its pretty hard to scratch your winshield even when professionals remove tint they use a sharp blade. That is what I used to remove that gay antenna that was on my rear winshield when I bought the car.

·
Registered
1989 Sedan DeVille is now just a fond memory ....
10,429 Posts
SdMarineGuy said:
I would use a sharp blade. Its pretty hard to scratch your winshield even when professionals remove tint they use a sharp blade. That is what I used to remove that gay antenna that was on my rear winshield when I bought the car.
Yes, the best way to clean that stuff off of any glass is a sharp new single edge utility razor blade.

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
should i heat it first with a blow dryer?? or just go straight to removing with a razor blade?

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6 Auto w/ Sport & Luxury Packages
555 Posts
I have not tried this so I cannot comment on whether it is really effective or not, but for removing tollway tags the county hands you a kit that includes a blade, some WD-40, and glass cleaner. They claim that the WD-40 attacks the adhesive making it easier to remove the EZ Pass tags, then you are supposed to scrape them off with the blade and clean the area with window cleaner. Again, I have not tried it so I cannot say definitively that it works.

When it comes to removing adhesive residue, lighter fluid, Goo-Gone, or other solvents work fine. I doubt they are good for safety glass though which should be an area of concern.

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
Caddy Man said:
should i heat it first with a blow dryer?? or just go straight to removing with a razor blade?
Heating is not necesarry. The blade should work very nicely unless the sticker is exceptionally thick. Keep it at a good angle close to the glass and shave that baby right off.

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
MikeB066 said:
I have not tried this so I cannot comment on whether it is really effective or not, but for removing tollway tags the county hands you a kit that includes a blade, some WD-40, and glass cleaner. They claim that the WD-40 attacks the adhesive making it easier to remove the EZ Pass tags, then you are supposed to scrape them off with the blade and clean the area with window cleaner. Again, I have not tried it so I cannot say definitively that it works.

When it comes to removing adhesive residue, lighter fluid, Goo-Gone, or other solvents work fine. I doubt they are good for safety glass though which should be an area of concern.
Oh yeah, WD-40 is pretty effective in cleaning off adheasive. I've used it for that many times. The solvent in it workd very well, just try not to let it sit on your paint too long.

I've also used WD-40 to clean off marker ink from the plastic cases of printers and monitors.

Just a few helpful hints from Heloise! ;)

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac CTS, 2008 Cadillac CTS
733 Posts
When I had my Sea Doo and boat, I got this stuff from Overton's. It's called Sticker On and also a bottle of Sticker Off. It worked great at placing decals exactly where you needed them and at removing them when necessary.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts