Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to remove the speakers from the front doors. I would like to know how to do this.

Do I just remove the grill or do I have to remove the entire door cover 1st? I have a NON-BOSE system, and expect to find 5.25" speakers.

Crutchfield has no information on this vehicle, so I can not get my hands on instructions, and I really do not want to remove unnecessary items from the doors if I do not have to.

Thanks a lot.

Tom Smith

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
tgs2101 said:
I would like to remove the speakers from the front doors. I would like to know how to do this.

Do I just remove the grill or do I have to remove the entire door cover 1st? I have a NON-BOSE system, and expect to find 5.25" speakers.

Crutchfield has no information on this vehicle, so I can not get my hands on instructions, and I really do not want to remove unnecessary items from the doors if I do not have to.

Thanks a lot.

Tom Smith
Tom
The grilles might be all you have to remove to get the speakers off but i doubt it.
First take off the grilles and look. If you can't get them out then your going to have to remove the door. The door will have clips and screws holding it in place. Just start looking for screws and tugging on the door to get the panel off.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Door Panell Removal

You have to take the door pannel off to get the speakers out. Remove all the screws and pull all the plastic rivits out (pull as close to the rivits as you can). The panel lifts up and then out to get it off. Be extremely carefull if you have real wood trim on the door, the clear coat will crack easily with only minor flexing.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Door Panell Removal

Thanks. I will be careful. I think I'll take pictures as I go with this project, and maybe post a guide for this vehicle when changing stereo parts. It seems like it would be a useful thing for this forum.

Tommy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts