Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I hope nobody jumps on me for this, I -have- tried to do some searching and find it but no luck.

Has anyone done a writeup on how to remove the front two grilles from the bumper? You know, for sending to the powdercoaters or for use with some avant garde coffee table.

I've got a painter lined up with a good deal and I'm ready to pull the trigger. It's just.. well he says it's simply impossible to just drive the car in there and bake the whole thing (which I personally think is obviously bollocks), so I've gotta pull them off and do it that way.

Any gentle souls willing to give me a nudge in the right direction?

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
8,363 Posts
Based a review of the Service Manual it appears the grille and fascia are held on exclusively by numerous plastic push pins. The push pins are removed by prying up the center with a small screwdriver and then pulling the rest of the surrounding pin out. Once you pull one the push pins - the technique will become more obvious.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V SC
410 Posts
I've got my front end torn apart. I'll take some pics when I get home.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V SC
410 Posts
Looks like push pins and clicks on the top, pins only on the bottom. There are a few screws to remove it from the holder once you remove it from the fascia.

·
Registered
Silver '05 V
1,238 Posts
^^^ Please tell me you have that off for painting, cause if not tell you aren't sitting that thing face down on concrete.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V SC
410 Posts
^^^ Please tell me you have that off for painting, cause if not tell you aren't sitting that thing face down on concrete.

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V
236 Posts
hahah first thing i thought of too! good thing he is

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V SC
410 Posts
I have an old comforter in the garage that I would have normally put down on the ground. But that fascia is beyond repair. And yes the concrete did scratch it all up. I’m still waiting for the new one to come in. I did take this opportunity to upgrade the fogs to 35W 8K’s and change the side markers out for the smoked ones.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts