Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac '05 STS
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if someone could give me detailed instructions on how to remove the front bumper. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
Easiest way is to get some thin nylon string; wrap several pieces around ends of bumper, middle, and elsewhere. Tie all of these strings to bumper hitch on other vehicle, and floor the gas pedal on one of the vehicles. Bumper will come off (maybe in a few pieces).

I have shop manual, but I do not have access to it right now. If no one provides detailed info today, I will research it.

Or you can stop at any professional garage. If they subscribe to ALLDATA, they can do a print out for you. Buy them a cup of Starbucks or a beer.

·
Registered
Cadillac '05 STS
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would really appreciate it if you could hook me up with instructions. I have tried calling all kinds of shops and what not and they just say no or it will be like a 150 to do it. I am pretty handy once i get the directions, so whenever you have the time! Thanks!

·
Registered
None
198 Posts
I would really appreciate it if you could hook me up with instructions. I have tried calling all kinds of shops and what not and they just say no or it will be like a 150 to do it. I am pretty handy once i get the directions, so whenever you have the time! Thanks!
I have done this a couple times.....

First you have to take the plastic wheel well covers off as well as removing the fastners that connect the under engine plastic shield to the bottom of the bumper cover.

Second, the bumper is attached to the fender by two bolts. You can't miss it, once you have the wheel well cover off look behind the fender and the bumper.

Third, remove the power plugs to the orange side lights and to the fog/turn signal units.

Fourth there are fastners that need to be removed just to the side if the headlight units under the hood.

Once all this is done......the cover will come right off.

Hope this helps!

Phil

·
Registered
10 CTS-V, 13 ESCALADE, 06 C6, YAM R1
574 Posts
I have done this a couple times.....

First you have to take the plastic wheel well covers off as well as removing the fastners that connect the under engine plastic shield to the bottom of the bumper cover.

Second, the bumper is attached to the fender by two bolts. You can't miss it, once you have the wheel well cover off look behind the fender and the bumper.

Third, remove the power plugs to the orange side lights and to the fog/turn signal units.

Fourth there are fastners that need to be removed just to the side if the headlight units under the hood.

Once all this is done......the cover will come right off.

Hope this helps!

Phil
it helps, but it's damn rediculous. i feel like going back to cad dealer and giving them ANOTHER 20 GRAND just becuase.

before i do something this stupid, can someone tell me that for sure the sylvania ultras 9005SU's high beams, are noticably clearer and brighter?

·
Registered
2014 Cadillac CTS VSport
2,318 Posts
I believe the reason for this design was to prevent the theft of your HID headlights. Going back a few years theft of HID's was huge since they were $1500+ each side when they were first introduced. Making it more complicated to steal the headlights also makes it more complicated for us when changing the lights. For the dealer its a fast procedure and the bumper could be off and back on in less than 30 minutes. Heck I have even been able to do it almost as fast after taking the bumper off the first time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts