Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Ex-CTS owner
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I removed the cover thing between the bumper and the wheel, and I don't know what to do next...

Here's what it looks like now inside, what should I unscrew/unplug?

·
Registered
2006 CTS Luxury
93 Posts
Theres 3 screws. One that you can see from the front of your car that is attached through the bumper, just look up at your fog light from the ground and youll see it. Theres another screw underneath the whole enclosure, and then a 3rd thats gonna be kinda hard to get at just feel around for it. Its on the right side if you are looking into the wheel well. Its just like a plastic wing that sticks off the enclosure and then is secured to another piece in the car with that final screw. Once you find em everything will start to fall into place 8)

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,822 Posts
As a matter of fact, the lowest one is visible in the picture. It appears that this is the left fog light. I just put tint on my mine today. Even though I've had my bumper off a few times for the low and high beam HIDs. I knew where I had to go for the screws on the fog lights. Let me tell you this, it was WAY easier to take off the bumper. It took me 20 plus minutes to take off the driver's side fog light (this is before I took the bumper off). When I went to the passenger side fog light to take it off. I was like screw this, and took off the bumper. Once I had the bumper off, it cut my disassemble and install time in half.

KOT

·
Registered
Ex-CTS owner
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hahaha... how do you take off the bumper? :wtf: I actually tried that yesterday. Wasn't too successful.

·
Registered
Ex-CTS owner
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, I decided not to take off the bumper because I got stuck on the wiring step. And I don't know the step after that - I don't know which nut is the one I'm supposed to take off. FAQ says there is just 1 nut, there are 2 on my car. I'm just going to go back to the fog light removal thing again. Can someone tell me where the 3 7mm hex are? I only found one.

·
Registered
CTS 03
1,765 Posts
One is in front of the car, so go in the front like you are cleaning the lens and look up and you will see one. The second one you circled. When those two are off, shake the hell out of it to see what is holding it, that will be the third screw. It's not hard, you're over thinking it.

·
Registered
Ex-CTS owner
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, I see the first one you're talking about. I thought it was inside the bumper before... Where, roughly, is the last one?

·
Registered
2006 CTS Luxury
93 Posts
As i stated theres the one underneath which was pointed out, as well as the one that u can see from the front of your car if your looking at the upper right of your right fog light of vice versa. Then theres one towards the center of the bumper, its on the inside. Just touch the housing of the lens and follow it further into the car until you feel the flat plastic part which the screw is screwed through.

·
Registered
Ex-CTS owner
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I gave up. I removed two screws but spent half an hour and couldn't find the last one. I don't want to screw up my fog lights just to change some lens cover. I can tint the lens without removing it right?

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,822 Posts
Just take off the bumper. I'll give you a step by step instructions.

Jack up the car in front and in the middle so that you will be able to take off both wheels. There is a frame member just in front of the oil pan.

Of course loosen the lug nuts with out taking them off until you jacked up the car and the wheels are off of the ground.

Remove the wheels and you'll see a number of the plastic pop it things. To remove them, use a flat head to pop out the center piece then the outer piece.

There should be some of the pop its under the car too. Remove the front part of the wheel well.

You will then see there is one bolt right where the bumper meets the body. Remove that bolt, 10mm. Then in front of that bolt there are two nuts, sort of. You just need to loosen them some and use your nut driver and bang it up. This well loosen it from the body. Once you have the bumper off you will see how they work.

Remove the plug for the fog lights on both sides. And turn the light housing for the side marker to remove it from the lens. You can remove the lens if you would like too and tint those too.

There are more pop its on top of the grill and under the black piece of rubber that lays across the radiheater.

After you remove the pop its from atop of the bumper. Be sure you put two screw drivers in one of the holes on each side. This is so the bumper will not fall off in the next few steps...

Now that you have the two wheel wells out, you can remove the pop its from under the car. I honestly don't know how many there are, but you should have a washed out butter tube because there are alot of pop its. There are two kinds, but the second kind there are only 6 of them. They are located on the shield that is located under the car, which should be right above the handle of your jack.

Once you have all the pop its out and the two bolts out along with the four nuts loose. You are not able to take the bumper off. Just bang on the bumper forward to remove the "nuts" from the front body finder. Do this to both sides. When you are ready and in front of the bumper. Remove those two screw drivers that you placed it the holes on either side.

Then place the bumper on the floor. You will see the third bolt for the fog light housing.

I say that to remove the bumper will be alot easier than trying to remove the fog lights while still on the car is all because of the passenger side fog light. The third bolt is too close the the washer fluid container. So it would of taken forever to take off and put back on.

I hope this helps, if it doesn't. Then I don't know what else to say.

KOT

1 - 12 of 12 Posts