Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of running some wires for my sons stereo system in his 1994 Seville STS but can't seem to figure out how to get the door sill plates off. The part I'm having trouble with is where it connects up to the kick panel. I don't want to pry to hard and break something. Anyone know the secret?

·
Registered
1996 STS
34 Posts
Once you have disconnected the power windows and locks there will be one screw to remove that is behind the power lock. After removing that, plastic clips along the bottom (3) and 3 clips on top are all that holds the door on. So Lift Straight up, this shouldnt take too much force.

·
Registered
96 SLS 02 STS
38 Posts
if you are talking about the plastic that runs along the carpet from the bottom of the dash along the doors, there is a clip about 1/2 way down from the dash

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
caddylacgirl96 said:
if you are talking about the plastic that runs along the carpet from the bottom of the dash along the doors, there is a clip about 1/2 way down from the dash
That's exactly the one I'm talking about. I can see a metal bracket behind there, but it doesn't seem to want to release. Any secret to getting it to pop free? I'm just hesitant to pry to hard and break something. Thanks for any help you can offer.

·
Registered
96 SLS 02 STS
38 Posts
mine was removed by putting a very large flat head screwdriver exactly on the spot where the clip was.. took a min but it came off

1 - 5 of 5 Posts