Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone provide info on removing the Bose sub from the rear deck of the CTS. The sub cover appears to pry off partially and then sticks.

Whats the trick?

·
GM Connection
1,286 Posts
darrelld said:
Can someone provide info on removing the Bose sub from the rear deck of the CTS. The sub cover appears to pry off partially and then sticks.

Whats the trick?
NO. Not like that.

You have to remove to whole rear deck to get it out

You have to remove the lower seat cushion (there are two tabs you pull and then pull it back and up and out), then you have to remove the rear seat back, then the two upper quarter panel trim pieces, and the lower side trim pieces, and then finally the rear deck cover...

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks.

My installer quoted $800 for a JL Audio 12" sub, 200 watt JL 2 channel amp, and custom enclosure, tapped into the stock Bose system. Does this sound reasonable?

I basically want more low end without pushing a lot of excessive db's. A good tight 30-40hz roll off would be nice. I don't know of any free air speaker to do this right with, any suggestions for the CTS.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks.

My installer quoted $800 for a JL Audio 12" sub, 200 watt JL 2 channel amp, and custom enclosure, tapped into the stock Bose system. Does this sound reasonable?
I basically want more low end without pushing a lot of excessive db's. A good tight 30-40hz roll off would be nice. I don't know of any free air speaker to do this right with, any suggestions for the CTS.
Thanks.

That's crazy if keep the factory deck then do it ur self for about 60 $

·
Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
9,013 Posts
This is a sixteen year old thread.
When responding, it's important to check the post dates.

Welcome to the forums.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts