Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I experienced a bit of bad luck with my BAER 14" rear rotors. For unknown reasons both warped on me!:rant2: I thought a lot about what to do. My plan is to sell the Vadermobile very soon and didn't want to invest a fortune.

Possibly I could have those 14" rotors turned. Koz told me a qualified mechanic can turn drilled rotors. I could replace everything with OEM rotors but with the Vadermobile decked out with a lots of mods the plain rotors might look strange.

I could get a (4)set of UUC rotors off Luke at Lindsay, which I'm inclined to do.

I'm not sure what to do with the BAER Calipers and 14" rotors. I don't know if anyone would buy just the front set up. I may have to turn those two rotors in order to sell them.

·
Registered
18 ATS-V, 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS, 04 CTS
6,676 Posts
That really sucks that you had those problems with the Baers...

On another note... Why are you planning to sell the CTS?

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That really sucks that you had those problems with the Baers...

On another note... Why are you planning to sell the CTS?
No good reason Jon. This is the longest I've ever kept a car. I've done everyting possible and I need a new challenge. Incentive and rebates right now are hard to ignore.

·
Registered
The Mighty Kael, 2004 Black CTS, Every Option
2,432 Posts
it sucks you are selling the vader mobile.

call baer and tell them that you got a bad set of rotors. usually they will replace them since the rotors are so expensive anyway. and its not like you were autocrossing in them enough to warp them.

have you actually seen the warpage of the rotor?

if you are really selling the car I'll buy a lot of your mods off of you for your de-mod sale.

do you have front and rear or just front? I might buy them.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it sucks you are selling the vader mobile.

call baer and tell them that you got a bad set of rotors. usually they will replace them since the rotors are so expensive anyway. and its not like you were autocrossing in them enough to warp them.

have you actually seen the warpage of the rotor?

if you are really selling the car I'll buy a lot of your mods off of you for your de-mod sale.

do you have front and rear or just front? I might buy them.
I have 4 14" rotors and 2 Baer front calipers. You can't see the warpage but you can feel it.

·
Registered
04 cadillac cts v
5,585 Posts
that sucks abot the brakes robert :rant2:

you should sell your car to me and i will throw some nice black 20's on it and add a sports grill :highfive:
imagine our two cars next to eachother in my garage :drool: haha

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
that sucks abot the brakes robert :rant2:

you should sell your car to me and i will throw some nice black 20's on it and add a sports grill :highfive:
imagine our two cars next to eachother in my garage :drool: haha
I kinda hope somebody local doesn't buy it so I don't have to see it..specially if they trash it up.:crying2:

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
29,232 Posts
Try burning off any deposits on the discs by getting on the gas and brakes at the same time until everything is hotter than hell. It's worked for me and is worth a try.

·
Registered
18 ATS-V, 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS, 04 CTS
6,676 Posts
Try burning off any deposits on the discs by getting on the gas and brakes at the same time until everything is hotter than hell. It's worked for me and is worth a try.
Hmmmm... *waits for Bob's brakestand video* :D

·
Registered
2014 SRX AWD Platinum Ice/2010 CTS Sedan 3.6 AWD Silver
644 Posts
I could get a (4)set of UUC rotors off Luke at Lindsay, which I'm inclined to do.
If you're planning to sell anyway, why not buy the R1 concepts rotors? For $189+shipping they can't be beat (http://store.r1concepts.com/Items/combo rotors031?). I haven't seen much evidence that the higher-priced ones are worth the extra, and I doubt many buyers would be able to tell any difference.

My R1 Concepts rotors are working great, and I do not have any rust except sometimes a bit on the friction surfaces if the car isn't being driven (goes away when driving). Here is a pic of mine that were installed about a month or two ago. They probably have about 1800 miles on them now (the pic below was taken today). that's the stock rotor that was removed in the forground (it's been sitting in my garage since it was removed).

-GT

·
Registered
The Mighty Kael, 2004 Black CTS, Every Option
2,432 Posts
holy crap koz, i didnt think of that.

but yeah... robert.. go autocrossing, heat the hell out of those brakes.. there is a pretty good chance that the warp will come out of them

I am betting that baer uses a pretty good metal.

koz, you thinking that metal memory might work here?

(P.S. its worked for me in the past)

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
29,232 Posts
holy crap koz, i didnt think of that.

but yeah... robert.. go autocrossing, heat the hell out of those brakes.. there is a pretty good chance that the warp will come out of them

I am betting that baer uses a pretty good metal.

koz, you thinking that metal memory might work here?

(P.S. its worked for me in the past)
Bob says he can't see the warp but he can feel it. Maybe he's just got some odd deposits stuck to the discs.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Bob says he can't see the warp but he can feel it. Maybe he's just got some odd deposits stuck to the discs.
I haven't inspected the backs of the rotors. I'll give the idea a try. With my luck the friggin' cops will see me.:thehand:

I already ordered Luke's (Lindsays) rotors. :(

·
Registered
2004 CTS 3.6L
2,493 Posts
I haven't inspected the backs of the rotors. I'll give the idea a try. With my luck the friggin' cops will see me.:thehand:

I already ordered Luke's (Lindsays) rotors. :(
Shoot man you dont have to twist my arm to do this. I do it for the heck of it :)

I cant believe your rotors already crapped out on you. Sucks :(

·
Registered
Started with '04 BR V, moved on to '09 Slvr V, now '13 CRT coupe
1,957 Posts
I will not have my wife in the car when I do this! She already thinks my driving is crazy!
With my luck the friggin' cops will see me.:thehand:
How could you possibly warp brake rotors Bob? You never drive faster than 55!
And you couldn't hold "the friggin' cops" attention long enough to get in any trouble. :nyanya: :poke:

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
How could you possibly warp brake rotors Bob? You never drive faster than 55!
And you couldn't hold "the friggin' cops" attention long enough to get in any trouble. :nyanya: :poke:
Oh no!!:eek: Now I have Super Cop's attention :cop:

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well I went thru the process. I musta heated the hell out of those rotors! I actually think it made them worse!:(

Luke should have my UUC rotors to me soon.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts