Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do i remove the inner door fascias(interior door panel)?

do i require special tools?

thank you.

·
Registered
Cadillac
15 Posts
No just a phillips screw driver. there are hidden screws behind the ash trays in the back. and in the door handles.

·
Registered
Cadillac
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so just screws behind the ashtray and behind the door handles will do it? for front and back doors?

·
Registered
Cadillac
15 Posts
well there are also screws that are easy to see ( at bottom and sides of doors ect.) but ya that will do it there are little plastic clips at the top but just pull and it will come off.

·
Registered
Cadillac
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wow, ok, finally got the screw in the door handle but now i can't figure out how to pop off the red bezel on the lock knob! This is such a pain, someone please help me!

·
Registered
2000 catera
48 Posts
i tried pulling mine off awhile ago theres another screw hidden at the top of the door pocket (2000 catera) that took me forever to find and to remove the handles take out the ashtrays remove that screw pull the handel and weisle it out

·
Registered
98 Catera and 00 Catera, both non-sports
113 Posts
Pull straight up... it will come rite off, sometimes u need to use 2 hands. once off you can pop the red lock out from the back of it. This worked for me alot of times, i only broke 1 but i have 4 spares anyway. it reinstall the lock, place the lock back in its spot so the red is flush at the bottom of the cubby hole and press the red button back in, CLICK. DONE

·
Registered
98 Catera and 00 Catera, both non-sports
113 Posts
you don't have to remove the red tab, just pop it out so its still in the lock itself just loose so you can slide it back on the metal thread fo rthe door lock.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts