Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2014 ATS 2.0T AWD
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey!

Mostly to preserve the paint job on my ATS I'm looking to wrap it in vinyl (but being able to choose some far-out-there color is also a plus!), but since I've never done any mechanical work on my ATS before I'm looking for directions on how to remove the headlights, door handles and taillights (including the spoiler-like light on the trunk), if it matters I have an ATS 2014 Premium which means I have both the illuminated door handles and the LED-DRLs. I'm also looking to remove the badges on the trunk so that I can get a nice clean wrap, and then put them back on top of the wrap, are they only glued on the ATS so the old dental-floss + heat trick works? Or are there screws I need to take into account?

If someone has the energy for a write-up on how to remove the items, I would be very grateful! I will make sure to document my process with video camera so anyone that wants to know how it went about it (this is a DIY thing, not having the car into a shop) can watch it and hopefully learn!

·
Registered
2015i escalade platinum
3 Posts
I work at a vinyl shop and have a 2013 ats 3.6 premium that we wrapped I do not remember exactly how everything came off but I do know that the entire interior door panels needed to come off to remove and reinstall the door handles. The front bumper has some bolts on the bottom side of the number as well as on the top rim under the hood. I wasn't at the shop for most of the breakdown so I do not really remember exact details. If there is something very tricky you can not figure out i can look into it and try to find out how we did it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts