Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Cadillac Catera
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2001 catera and i am having troubles with putting in an aftermarket radio. I have the BOSE system and when i hooked everything up (correctly) my deck didn't turn on. I wanted to know as i was told that it would be $1,300 to have all MY stereo put in and the needed relocation of factory BOSE. Is it possiable to not have to relocate the factory and/or is there something i am missing within the wiring. I am going to replace all of the stereo equipment in my car with aftermarket and my own wiring to the speakers from the deck harness.
Please help as i don't feel that the install would cost that much and Best Buy isn't going to take $900 from me.
:want: :eek:

·
Registered
1998 Cadillac Deville Sedan
897 Posts
I'm pretty sure the reason why your new CD player didn't turn on is because of the Bose's non-standard wiring, not even the aftermarket adapter works sometimes. My buddy had a 98 Catera and we just totally bypassed everything and ran new power/ground/speaker/ignition wires.

·
Registered
97 Lac Deville
204 Posts
1300 is WAY too much...they should sell the harness for around 50-100 bucks, if not u just have to run new wires...but it still shouldnt be that much

·
Registered
2001 Cadillac Catera
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats what i sort of ended up doing. . . But now my deck doesn't turn off, i have remove the faceplate,no problem, when i go back in my car it resets the radio. I have an issue with my door speakers as i can not fit my speaker wires through the door boot, I need some suggestions. I have crossovers as they are componet speakers in the front and rear.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts