Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping to install my HID's this weekend so just want to see if there's any steps that I could possibly skip to make removing the front fascia a little easier. Bob was kind enough to fax me over the instructions from the repair manual but as I'm reading through it just wondering if it indeed has to be followed to the T.

Also what is the front fascia extention, pne of the step's calls for the removal of it but not really sure what it is, haha.. Kind of a newb with removing parts of the body so bare w/me..

·
Registered
22,415 Posts
BishopRuger said:
Hoping to install my HID's this weekend so just want to see if there's any steps that I could possibly skip to make removing the front fascia a little easier. Bob was kind enough to fax me over the instructions from the repair manual but as I'm reading through it just wondering if it indeed has to be followed to the T.

Also what is the front fascia extention, pne of the step's calls for the removal of it but not really sure what it is, haha.. Kind of a newb with removing parts of the body so bare w/me..
Maybe Tomm will see this thread. He's done this before. Or you could PM him.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
The extension cover is basically a plastic inner fenderwell to match the bumper cover to the inner fenderwell. I think you'll need to remove it to get to the bolts that hold the bumper cover on, just behind the headlights. The rest of the bumper cover is held on with push-pins (on the lower 'belly pan' and the grill-to-radiator-brace). Once you pull all the push pins off and loosen the bolts, it slides forward about a half inch or so, and the guide pins drop through holes, freeing the cover. Make sure you have a helper so you don't drop it on the concrete and scratch the paint!

Watch the turn signal wires when you pull the bumper cover off. You'll need to disconnect them.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I technically dont have to pull the whole fascia off, just slide it forward enough to reach the bolts of the headlights??

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
The whole face Grill & Bumber needs to be removed. You do not need to jack up the car or remove the tires or remove the complete plastic cover on the bottom. You do need to remove the plastic in the tire wells to reveal the bolts so both of those need to come out. (Only held in place by 5 or 6 clips) You need to remove all the clips in the front of the plastic cover on the bottom and you need to remove all the clips from the top around the grille area.

If my memory serves me correctly only 2 bolts need to be removed and 2 bolts on each side need to be loosened. You can unplug all the fog lights wires etc. and pull forward on the bumber to loosen it.

The process of removing everything and installing the HID's should take no longer than 90 minutes. There are 3 screws that hold the light assemblies in place and once those 3 screws are removed just pull on the headlight firmly to remove them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts