Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Eldorado~1999 Escalade
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any of you guys replaced the air ride compressor ?? I'm very open to any help on the removal of this compressor.I have it unbolted but i can't seem to get it out,whats the trick.It looks like it's getting caught up on the emergency cable bracket which is welded to the frame. HELP...

·
Registered
2005 Escalade 6.0L 2WD, 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited CRD
3,725 Posts
I replaced one on a '94 Concours, which is probably similar. I had unbolted the pump from it's bracket, and if I remember right, that was the only way I could get the pump out! Have you tried that yet?

·
Registered
2008 SRX
403 Posts
Yeah, what he said. Unplug the compressor. Disconnect the air line. Knock the air line loose from the bracket. Take the three 8mm screws out to separate the pump from the bracket. Take out the three 10mm screws that hold the bracket to the frame. Remove the bracket. Remove the compressor.
Good luck.

·
Registered
'97 Seville STS
162 Posts
Same here. Unbolt bracket before removing pump. Even after that it's hard to get out -- but it seems impossible to remove otherwise.

·
Registered
1997 Eldorado~1999 Escalade
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey guys thanks for all the information.I finally got some time to replace my compressor.Removing the bracket helped alot.I unbolted the compressor,removed bracket and pulled it out toward the rear of car.Dropping the exhaust (muffler) a little also helped.Thanks again guys.I'm back on the road again.

Thanks,
Dennis

1 - 5 of 5 Posts