Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Mazda3 S GT Hatchback 2013 Kia Optima SXL
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may sound like a stupid question, but I would rather know for sure, than feel dumb later. Hopefully, i will be installing a new amp, this weekend. In regards to the remote wire. Can I tap into the HU remote wire? Seems simple enough to me. If no, please explain why. Thanks in advance.

Don

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Black on Black
1,852 Posts
I found it's safer to take the amp with you to an install location. I've found that they usually will give you the correct answer to that question.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Yeah, you can tap off from the HU remote wire. I usually hook a switch up to a constant hot and send it to the amp so I can turn it one when ever I want. You can also hook it up to any power wire that comes on with the accessories, if you want it to come on with the key. If you want it to come on with the HU, you would tap either the remote wire, or the power antenna wire. Your choice. Any of the above will work.

·
Registered
2015 Mazda3 S GT Hatchback 2013 Kia Optima SXL
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JC316 said:
Yeah, you can tap off from the HU remote wire. I usually hook a switch up to a constant hot and send it to the amp so I can turn it one when ever I want. You can also hook it up to any power wire that comes on with the accessories, if you want it to come on with the key. If you want it to come on with the HU, you would tap either the remote wire, or the power antenna wire. Your choice. Any of the above will work.
Thanks. I figured it was going to be okay. The install kit came today. The amp and sub are to arrive on Friday. As long as they come, I will be attacking this on Saturday.

Don

1 - 4 of 4 Posts