Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
07 SRX4
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLVED - Remote trouble, please help

We bought ar 07 SRX4 about a week ago used. Yesterday while learning and playing with the computer interface. When I attempted to setup the 2 remotes with seat memory one of the two would be completely disable/non functional.

Brought it to a Caddy dealer and he wasn't exactly sure because the back of the remotes are faded but he does believe that I have two #1 remotes when I should have a #1 and a #2 from what I've read on here.

Can I program one of them to be the #2 remote on my own? Right now we are stuck using the one remote along with the memory buttons on the drivers door.

Thanks in advance, Jerry

·
Registered
11 CTS-V Sedan, 07 Corvette Convertible
237 Posts
Yes, you can have two #1 remotes. The only difference between a #1 and #2 is the number printed on the case. The problem could be that only one of them is for an SRX. Many remotes look the same, but the are not interchangable between all model Cadillacs.

·
Registered
07 SRX4
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Problem SOLVED.... When in program mode I realized I had to first press the numbered button the vehicle door prior to pressing the fob for 15 seconds, That is what determines what remote controls position one or position 2. Now both fobs work as intended.... thanks for the reply!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts