Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been talkin to some freinds about wanting remote start, and they drive lexus' and told me they were interested too, but they needed a blank key inserted somwhere in the dash to bypass thier security for the ignitition, they were saying if someone knew about that, it would be very easy to just steal the car, so they opted out of doing it. Ive read that a blank key from the dealer is also required for the CTS to bypass PK3, so would putting remote start on my car make it more prone to getting stolen of a thief knew that I had remote start and new about the blank key to bypass the Pk3 system and simply hotwire the car?? thanks.

·
Registered
CTS
1,485 Posts
Caddy Man said:
Ive been talkin to some freinds about wanting remote start, and they drive lexus' and told me they were interested too, but they needed a blank key inserted somwhere in the dash to bypass thier security for the ignitition, they were saying if someone knew about that, it would be very easy to just steal the car, so they opted out of doing it. Ive read that a blank key from the dealer is also required for the CTS to bypass PK3, so would putting remote start on my car make it more prone to getting stolen of a thief knew that I had remote start and new about the blank key to bypass the Pk3 system and simply hotwire the car?? thanks.
It would make it somewhat "easier" to steal the car.

·
Registered
2017 CTS-V
1,670 Posts
They make interfaces that do not require a blank key. It is a bit safer but any aftermarket remote start will always make it easier to steal a car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts