Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Escalade ESV
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I noticed today that if I set the car to automatically lock after leaving the vehicle (approx. 5 secs) then the remote start will not work. To test I manually locked the car immediately with the remote (auto lock function still set to ON) and behold, the remote start works. Why would you think that Cadillac was disengage remote start IF someone elects to use the auto lock setting?

·
Registered
2015 Mercedes CLS63 AMG S
890 Posts
So I noticed today that if I set the car to automatically lock after leaving the vehicle (approx. 5 secs) then the remote start will not work. To test I manually locked the car immediately with the remote (auto lock function still set to ON) and behold, the remote start works. Why would you think that Cadillac was disengage remote start IF someone elects to use the auto lock setting?
I always use auto-lock and Remote start always worked. Looked like it may be an issue.

·
Registered
CTS Coupe
29 Posts
From the Manual:
Starting the Vehicle
1. Aim the RKE transmitter at the vehicle.
2. Press and release the lock button.
3. Immediately after completing Step 2, press and hold the remote start button for at least two seconds or until the turn signal lamps flash.

·
Registered
'18 Escalade Platinum
935 Posts
Use auto lock and remote start works every time for me whether using the remote or the app.

·
Registered
18 LEXUS LX, 17 Rav4, 15 Escalade ESV, 14 Mercedes, had Vette, 2Cadis, T-B & Chevy
1,041 Posts
mine worked fine.
first time I tried it.
i had tried the unlock via the ON* mobile app. last week.

·
Registered
Escalade ESV
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
When the remote start does work only the motor is turned on. The cars electronics still acts as if it is not on hence will not allow you to put it in gear, see the display, etc.... This must be an issue only with my car as I can see most of you have good remote starts

·
Registered
'18 Escalade Platinum
935 Posts
When the remote start does work only the motor is turned on. The cars electronics still acts as if it is not on hence will not allow you to put it in gear, see the display, etc.... This must be an issue only with my car as I can see most of you have good remote starts
No.

After remote start, you have to push the start button once you enter the car.
Before the advent of push button start, you had to put the key in and turn it to the run position as well.

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,753 Posts
And, if your in auto climate control, it will warm the seats, put in defrost depending on ambient temperature. All handled by the computer.

·
Registered
Escalade ESV
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks rjm, I guess I should read the manual rather than trying to figure everything out myself!

No.

After remote start, you have to push the start button once you enter the car.
Before the advent of push button start, you had to put the key in and turn it to the run position as well.

·
Registered
15 Escalade Plat SC, 14 CTS VSport Prem, 15 Range Rover SC
679 Posts
They do that so someone can't drive off with your car after remote starting it. As others have mentioned, auto lock and remote start work fine together. I wonder if you tried to remote start the vehicle more than two times without manually starting the vehicle? You can't just remote start over and over, i believe after 1 or maybe it's 2 remote starts it no longer works until you manually start the vehicle.

Passive lock isn't after 5 seconds, it's once you get the FOB far enough away from the vehicle I believe. Really awesome festure, one that I wish my Range Rover had. I now leave the RR unlocked on accident all the time now as Im not used to having to manually lock vehicles any more.

·
Registered
2015i Escalade Platinum, 2015 Range Rover Autobiography
42 Posts
My car won't remote start either when auto lock is activated. I have to press the lock button on the remote then start it and it works that way. Also I have heated seats turned on with remote start and I don't think it has ever come on. Does it have to be a certain temperature to activate?

·
Registered
Escalade ESV
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My vehicle will auto lock approx. 5 seconds after I shut the door regardless of where I am. I purposefully stand 6 inches away from the car with the FOB and it will still auto lock within approx. 5 seconds.

Passive lock isn't after 5 seconds, it's once you get the FOB far enough away from the vehicle I believe. Really awesome festure, one that I wish my Range Rover had. I now leave the RR unlocked on accident all the time now as Im not used to having to manually lock vehicles any more.[/QUOTE]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts