Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
sts
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 STS and remote starter stopped working. I had a CEL on which had to do with the aux water pump. I had it repaired and the CEL is off. I try to use the remote start and lights will blink but nothing happens. Yes I press the lock, lights flash, and than the start, lights flash but no engagement.

Any ideas??

·
Registered
sts
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont have a code reader, but will stop at auto zone to check. But just had it repaired and would think a code would have popped up

·
Registered
2006 V6 STS RWD
305 Posts
like aeg said, have you checked the settings (through the radio display) to see if aux start is still enabled. Mine likes to turn itself now and then when bored, just to let me know it hates me.

·
Registered
08 STS 1SG HUD ACC F55 AWD, 08 STS 1SG Platinum HUD ACC F55 RWD
375 Posts
Some codes which do not set the check engine light will still cause the car to not remote start. Check the codes with a good reader and check the settings at the radio. Good Luck.

·
Registered
sts
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No CEL and the setting is correctly on. i stopped at Auto Zone but they are not reading codes at this time..

·
Registered
Cadillac CT6 (2019)
2,284 Posts
From the owners manual: The remote start feature will not operate if any of the following occur: . The check engine light is displayed. See “Check Engine Light” under Malfunction Indicator Lamp on page 4‑62. . The valet lockout switch is on. . The keyless access transmitter is in the vehicle. . The vehicle's hood is open. . An unauthorized vehicle entry or a vehicle theft was attempted. If your vehicle has the remote start feature, the keyless access transmitter functions will have an increased range of operation. However, the range may be less while the vehicle is running. There are other conditions which can affect the performance of the transmitter, see Keyless Access System on page 3‑4.

·
Registered
08 STS4 V8 1SG & 04 SRX4 V8 & 01 Monte SS
5,006 Posts
There is a list of about 20 things that will prevent remote start.
----------
Here is the list:

The remote vehicle start (RVS) System WILL NOT operate if any of the following conditions are present:
^ A current vehicle DTC that illuminates the malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) is set - obtain vehicle DTCs.
^ Keyless Entry Transmitter is not Operational.
^ The vehicle is in Valet Mode.
^ RVS is Disabled through Vehicle Personalization.
^ More than 2 Remote Starts have been attempted.
^ The HAZARD switch is in the ON position.
^ A current HAZARD switch DTC is set.
^ A current HOOD AJAR DTC is set.
^ Rear compartment lid is ajar.
^ Any Door is not locked.
^ The Content Theft Deterrent (CTD) system detects an alarm trigger.
^ Engine RPM greater than 0 Detected.
^ Excessive Coolant TEMP is registered.
^ Accelerator pedal position greater than 0 percent.
^ Vehicle is not in PARK.
^ A current Vehicle Theft Deterrent Malfunction DTC.
^ A current Automatic Transmission Shift Lock Control System DTC is set.
^ A vehicle speed sensor signal is detected by the ECM.
^ Vehicle power mode is incorrect.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts