Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a DTS as a loaner from my service dept and I can't figure out how to use the remote start feature. Its activated already in the trip computer...is there a special number of times you have to push the button on the FOB or a secret handshake??? :)

·
Premium Member
17 XTS Platinum V-Sport; 17 Buick Envision AWD Turbo; 10 Lincoln MKS AWD Twin Turbo
3,741 Posts
Hit the lock button and then hold the start butter for four seconds .

·
Registered
Cadillac 2006 DTS Lux II
176 Posts
I think that you need to hold the lock button for three seconds before you press the remote start button on the fob. If you are within visual range of the car you can watch the rear lights (also turn signals in mirrors) and they will light up when you have followed the proper sequence.

·
Registered
Cadillac
49 Posts
mine is after market and I have to hold the two main buttons at the same time for a few seconds. I have had this on my last two cars and love it.

Dan

·
Registered
2008 SRX Luxury
13 Posts
I got a DTS as a loaner from my service dept and I can't figure out how to use the remote start feature. Its activated already in the trip computer...is there a special number of times you have to push the button on the FOB or a secret handshake??? :)

Press the lock button on the remote and then the remote start button (at top of remote) until car starts. You must put key in ignition within 10 miniutes of remote start or it will shut down.
:bouncy:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts