Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
2008 CTS
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recall a thread regarding remote start but I can't find it. This morning, below freezing I started remotely. Lots of black smoke came out of the pipes and it stalled. I tried again with the same result then gave up. When I got in the car was very difficult to start and I thought for a moment I wasn't going anywhere today. It did finally start and there were no problems. Anyone else having trouble?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I was the one who posted this a while ago.

I had EXACTLY the experience you did. The last time it happened, the car idled roughly for a while, then evened out, and seemed to ride OK. However, now the remote start doesn't work at all, and the engine light came on and stayed on.

My dealer claims he's been in contact with GM a great deal, and they have not been able to figure out how to get the remote start to work again; or how to get the engine light to go out. They said not to worry about the engine light, that they had checked everything out, and all was ok.

I'm bringing it back in tonight. To complicate matters even more, the engine light went off yesterday, but the remote start still does not work.

·
Banned
2008 CTS
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh boy, I didn't mention that after the thrid attempt to remote start it failed to start and I didn't think much of it at the time. When I leave tonight I will try to remote start. I have a sick feeling that it's not going to work. I will let you know later. Thanks

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
Sounds VERY similar to the issue there was already a TSB on sometime back... "Rough Idle, Cold Start" or something like that. If you havent had the TSB performed, its worth a shot.

·
Banned
2008 CTS
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Found it, #05-06-04-015- Engine Hard to Start Cold (Reprogram ECM) - (Mar 7, 2005)

It's worth a shot I guess. The car has alwasy started without any problem. This morning was the first time I used remote start on a cold morning. the only other remote starts were just fooling around testing but the weather was not cold. Tonight at 5 when I leave the office I will remote start to see what happens. Went out for lunch and the car started normally but I didn't remote start.

·
Banned
2008 CTS
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I leave work tonight and hit the remote start and nothing happens. I tried several more times without success. I then hit unlock and lock and tried again and it started righ up and ran as well as ever. I guess the real test will be after sitting all night, it's going to be cold in the morning I will test again. You are correct, this car has been and still is a great car. I am not going to let a little ECM programming problem get me down. Update in the morning.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts