Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone i recentl got a Cadillac CTS 2010 premium i have a question that is annoying me . When i remote start the car the heat/defrost go on as well i dont want that is there a way to chage that please if anyone knows how to

·
Registered
98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance
7,345 Posts
I would imagine the Owners Manual would be a good place to start, personalization settings probably. If you do not have a manual they are downloads available. Links in vehicle specific forums to them.

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,806 Posts
Re: Remote start also start Heat/defrost HELP

IDK how the second gen CTS works. But with the first gen just make sure you have the HVAC turned off before leaving it parked.

When the HVAC is in automatic. It determines when (time delay to allow the engine to heat up) and where (in cold weather the windshield) to put the air. It will also try it's best to get the temperature to where it was set at too, considering how cold the ambient temperature is.

KOT

C

·
0 Posts

You can not disable that feature in the 2nd gen CTS during remote starts.
Below 50 the heated seats will come, Above 80 ventilated seats will come on, 44 the defroster/defoggers come on and 36 for the ice possible to display on the DIC, Only the heated steering wheel will not come on during remote starts.
The HVAC will return to however you had it set originally after you start it inside the car though.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,518 Posts
Let's move this specific car question from the general chitchat Lounge up to the CTS forums. You'll get a lot more good advice there.

Please read the title banner info for each forum of interest - that tells you what is supposed to be posted there.

Welcome Aboard !!! :highfive:

·
Registered
9,806 Posts

Below 50 the heated seats will come, Above 80 ventilated seats will come on, 44 the defroster/defoggers come on and 36 for the ice possible to display on the DIC, Only the heated steering wheel will not come on during remote starts.
The HVAC will return to however you had it set originally after you start it inside the car though.
Now I want a second, or third gen CTS.

How is the range on the remote for the keyless/remote start feature? Please tell me it's more than 15 to 20 feet.

KOT

·
Registered
2012 Cadillac CTS 3.6 Premium AWD
222 Posts

Now I want a second, or third gen CTS.

How is the range on the remote for the keyless/remote start feature? Please tell me it's more than 15 to 20 feet.

KOT
I would say it is around 50 FT if not more.

My fiance has a Acadia and her range is around 15-20 like your CTS, I thought that was ridiculous.

With on-star the range is unlimited :) I start my car 2 train stops ahead

----------

I agree to all the above. +1

·
Registered
9,806 Posts
Dave295 said:
I would say it is around 50 FT if not more. My fiance has a Acadia and her range is around 15-20 like your CTS, I thought that was ridiculous. With on-star the range is unlimited :) I start my car 2 train stops ahead ---------- I agree to all the above. +1
How much does OnStar cost and what are the features that comes with the package for the second gen CTS?

KOT

C

·
0 Posts
Even though I mostly use the onstar app to start my car. In direct range I always get at least a 100 foot or so with my key fob..

Onstar rates and what they include are listed on their website

·
Registered
2012 Black Diamond tricoat 3.0 awd cts
143 Posts
Even though I mostly use the onstar app to start my car. In direct range I always get at least a 100 foot or so with my key fob..

Onstar rates and what they include are listed on their website
Mine works from out my window on the 15 flr.

·
Registered
NONE
5 Posts
I was able to remote start from at least 200 yards in the city with buildings etc. this week. Tested out on my new to me 2010 CTS.

·
Registered
2014 CTS Coupe 3.6 RWD Perfomance Pkg, TriCoat White Diamond
1,600 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey guys can any one help me i have a cadillac cts 2010 and its been snowing here in nyc my parking sensors went off

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,183 Posts
Hey guys can any one help me i have a cadillac cts 2010 and its been snowing here in nyc my parking sensors went off
My advice: Don't hijack someone's thread, start your own new one.

Second, try a search. This topic has been discussed quite recently in detail. Look around first.

Third, try to make sure your sensors are absolutely clean with no snow or salt blocking them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts