Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Cadillac Escalade
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, looked on the web can’t find instructions on programming a remote for a 2011 Cadillac Escalade 6 button remote without keyless entry. One remote stoppped working battery is good 3.23V and tried a remote tester says good signal. I’d imagine I need to reprogram the remote. When I press the DIC no option for remote relearn. I do remember back in 2012 when I bought my truck the salesperson programmed a second remote without any scanner or tools in front of me. But everywhere I read says it needs to be done at a dealer service shop. Anyone with ideas

·
Registered
2008 Cadillac Escalade, 2010 Cadillac Escalade Premium
27 Posts
Hey all, looked on the web can’t find instructions on programming a remote for a 2011 Cadillac Escalade 6 button remote without keyless entry. One remote stoppped working battery is good 3.23V and tried a remote tester says good signal. I’d imagine I need to reprogram the remote. When I press the DIC no option for remote relearn. I do remember back in 2012 when I bought my truck the salesperson programmed a second remote without any scanner or tools in front of me. But everywhere I read says it needs to be done at a dealer service shop. Anyone with ideas

1. INSERT key and TURN the ignition to ON but DON'T start
  2. PRESS vehicle information button (second from top) until “PRESS TO RELEARN REMOTE KEY” is displayed.
  3. PRESS the Set/Reset Button (Button will have a checkmark) until “REMOTE KEY LEARNING ACTIVE” is displayed. Vehicle is now in Programming Mode.
  4. PRESS and HOLD LOCK and UNLOCK buttons at the same time on first remote for approximately 15 seconds. An acoustic signal will sound indicating successful programming.

·
Registered
2011 Cadillac Escalade
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
  1. INSERT key and TURN the ignition to ON but DON'T start
  2. PRESS vehicle information button (second from top) until “PRESS TO RELEARN REMOTE KEY” is displayed.
  3. PRESS the Set/Reset Button (Button will have a checkmark) until “REMOTE KEY LEARNING ACTIVE” is displayed. Vehicle is now in Programming Mode.
  4. PRESS and HOLD LOCK and UNLOCK buttons at the same time on first remote for approximately 15 seconds. An acoustic signal will sound indicating successful programming.
Doesn't have an option "REMOTE KEY LEARNING ACTIVE" in the vehicle informaiton button on my 2011. I've seen youtube videos of it but mine doesn't

·
Registered
2008 Cadillac Escalade, 2010 Cadillac Escalade Premium
27 Posts
Yes seen it on youtube but older models. I guess it has to be programmed at the dealer
You’re right, I just looked, thats awkward that newer ones need to be programmed at the dealer.
I guess that ‘new feature’ puts more money in their pocket :-/.

Good luck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts