Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 White Diamond STS N* 1SF RWD ACC/HUD
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a keyless entry remote on eBay, and the programming instructions say I need to jump a couple of pins on the ALDL. I am still waiting for my FSM to arrive and can't seem to locate the connector. Anyone know where this connector is on a '91 Seville?

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I thought, Larry. There is a connector there, but it isn't big enough and it doesn't have enough pins in it. The programming instructions say it's in the center of the instrument panel behind the ashtray, but that doesn't sound right to me, since you would have to take things apart to access it, but I guess I will look.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,990 Posts
They may have moved the from year to year a bit. I think the EPA regs state that it has to be within 2' or so of the drivers seat. At any rate it would have to be accessible without dismantling anything.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's what I thought. I removed the trim under the center of the dash and it's not there. I'm pretty sure that is it under the steering wheel, but pin "A" doesn't have the black/white wire and pin "G" is empty. Maybe the local dealer will do it "pro bono" although I doubt it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts