Our remote keyless entry system has stopped working with both fobs. We have replaced the batteries. We tried re-programming the fobs by holding both lock and unlock down. Nothing seems to work. Is there an antenna or receiver that may need to be replaced?
PROGRAMMING THE KEY FOB TRANSMITTER courtesy of Nasty CTS
Remote Key FOB Information
1. Close all the vehicle doors.
2. Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder.
3. Press and hold the door unlock switch.
4. While holding the door lock switch in the unlock position, cycle the ignition ON, OFF, ON, OFF.
5. Release the door unlock switch. The doors will lock and unlock to confirm the program mode.
6. Press and hold the LOCK button and the UNLOCK button simultaneously on one transmitter. After a delay of approximately 15 seconds, the doors will lock and unlock to confirm the programming of that transmitter.
7. Repeat the previous step to program up to 4 transmitters.
8. Turn the ignition switch to the RUN position in order to exit the keyless entry transmitter programming mode.
9. Operate the transmitter functions in order to verify correct system operation.
Having verified that the fobs are not to blame, the antenna module is mounted underneath the headliner near the rear windshield. Its not that difficult to change yourself. It controls the door locks and receives the fob signal too.
Hi I’m New to this site and I’m needing some advice.
I have a 05 Cadillac CTS good 3.6 and 6 speed manual transmission. And a 07 Cadillac CTS with a blown 3.6 engine and good automatic transmission.
I’m trying to see if I can put the O5 motor a manual transmission in the 07 and what all will...