Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1992 Cadillac Sedan DeVille 4.9L (Deceased), 1991 Cadillac Sedan DeVille 4.9L
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I wasn't sure where this should go. I found my long lost Remote for my 1992 DeVille. I got new batteries for it because the old ones were dead. It used to work. Now it doesn't. I assume I have to reprogram it. Even after googling it, I am still confused as to what I am supposed to be doing. That is why I brought the question to you guys: The Pros. Do I have to reprogram the remote? If so, how??? Thank you in advance for any ideas you have.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nobody has any info? C'mon guys. Any info at all will help.
:worship: Please!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I tried that website already. My father said you can use just a regualr wire. Is there something special about their assembly line diagnostic link connector?? The regular wire made the doors lock and unlock but the remote didn't respond. I think it might just be too old.

·
Registered
Cadillac
17 Posts
The remote fob does not program. You program the module in the car to accept your fob. The module in the car will accept 2 fobs. You program the module by putting a jumper wire in the ALDL socket pin G and A. With the ignition switch OFF, put the jumper in and the the door locks will lock and unlock and the trunk release will activate in about 2 seconds. Then push any one of the buttons on your fob, the door locks will lock and unlock and the trunk release will activate again. If you have a second fob to put into the system, just push a button on that fob and the doors will lock and unlock again. Now you have the fob or fobs put into the system. Remove the jumper and you are good to go.

The ALDL socket is under the dash in the middle of the tranny hump right in front of the heater outlet. The ALDL socket has two rows of female connectors. The G is the front row, right end, the A is back row left end. An opened up paper clip works nicely. The manual recommends a jumper wire with a fuse in it. they are had to see, but the terminal letters are on the ALDL socket face. Good luck.

----------

You can check your fob at many parts stores. I know Auto Zone has a display where you can operate your fob and it will tell you if it is working or not.

·
Registered
93 Deville
3 Posts
I apologize for the thread resurrection, but I am stuck. 1993 Deville here with keyless entry. Security light flashes fine upon door entry.

I jumper the ALDL: The doors lock and unlock. Trunk pops.
I Hit a button on the fob: The doors lock and unlock to confirm.
I pull out the jumpers and test the fob: nothing happens.

I'm at a loss! The fob seems fine, it's original to the car and the tester at autozone picks it up as well. Am I doing something wrong? Please help!

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
20,227 Posts
I apologize for the thread resurrection, but I am stuck. 1993 Deville here with keyless entry. Security light flashes fine upon door entry.

I jumper the ALDL: The doors lock and unlock. Trunk pops.
I Hit a button on the fob: The doors lock and unlock to confirm.
I pull out the jumpers and test the fob: nothing happens.

I'm at a loss! The fob seems fine, it's original to the car and the tester at autozone picks it up as well. Am I doing something wrong? Please help!
=================
try this site -
http://remoteandkeyprogramming.com/Programming/165.html

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre, 1994 DeVille
6,796 Posts
Maybe there's something wrong with the remote, battery or receiver because you don't need to do anything special other then follow the instructions to make it work.

·
Registered
'99 Seville STS; '96/7 ETC
2,393 Posts
I think I must be missing something here too, because why would the module need re-programming just because the fob's not been used, for however long?

F-w-i-w, my experience has been that these remotes have a life expectancy of about 12 years, so probably longer than the car, & after that they become needlessly cumbersome keyring fobs - but that's why there are also keys on that ring! I always thought, & remained convinced, that remote locking is a novelty, sometimes fun/entertaining but of limited, occasional, actual use. I am reinforced in this view by the line in my owners manual to the effect that the remote is no substitute for a key. So obsessed have we become with perceived convenience that we all so easily forget this :suspense:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts