Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1995 caddilace deville
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

First off i would like to say that I am new to the forum and what a great forum it is a few days ago i became a proud owner and second owner of 95 caddy deville sedan with 98,000 miles on it.When i got the car the owner only had one set of keys with the car and no alarm..I am the type of person that try not to put aftermarket alarm in cars had one once and it was a bad experience..So i bought a stock one ebay for a great price.I was reading the instructions and I am a little confused by them is some body can tell me what the truck pull down unit is and may be show me a pic where that is it would be great. below is how the directions are

thanks alot guys chris

# Ignition ON.
# Ground black single wire connector located at trunk pull down unit.
# Wait for door locks to lock and unlock [a few seconds]
# Press the UNLOCK button on the first transmitter twice. Pause for one second between presses.
# Wait for door locks to lock and unlock. [a couple of seconds]
# Press the UNLOCK button on the second transmitter twice. Pause for one second between presses.
# Wait for door locks to lock and unlock. About two seconds.
# Remove ground from black connector.

·
Registered
1995 SEDAN DEVILLE-4.9 & 1978 SEDAN DEVILLE-425
1,673 Posts
Hi,

First off i would like to say that I am new to the forum and what a great forum it is a few days ago i became a proud owner and second owner of 95 caddy deville sedan with 98,000 miles on it.When i got the car the owner only had one set of keys with the car and no alarm..I am the type of person that try not to put aftermarket alarm in cars had one once and it was a bad experience..So i bought a stock one ebay for a great price.I was reading the instructions and I am a little confused by them is some body can tell me what the truck pull down unit is and may be show me a pic where that is it would be great. below is how the directions are

thanks alot guys chris

# Ignition ON.
# Ground black single wire connector located at trunk pull down unit.
# Wait for door locks to lock and unlock [a few seconds]
# Press the UNLOCK button on the first transmitter twice. Pause for one second between presses.
# Wait for door locks to lock and unlock. [a couple of seconds]
# Press the UNLOCK button on the second transmitter twice. Pause for one second between presses.
# Wait for door locks to lock and unlock. About two seconds.
# Remove ground from black connector.
Welcome to the forum and congrats on owning a 1995 Sedan Deville!

Hopefully someone will chime in here.You`ve got the correct procedure.My original remotes on my 1995 Deville are about shot so i`d like to see some info on this subject also since i`ll be needing to program 2 new remotes sometime soon.
The trunk pull down is the motor that pulls down the trunk-----it`s easy to find---when you open the trunk look straight down and it`s right there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts