Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've tried to search for this and I couldn't quite get a definite answer for my specific issue.

The #2 remote I have been using on my '05 STS has been acting up recently. It doesn't matter from which side I try to unlock the car, it just won't do anything. If I click the lock button several times, it will lock, then I can unlock it. Sometimes it will let me into the car, then it will lock and the alarm goes off shortly after.

The remote battery has been replaced a couple of months ago. Is it a receiver/antenna issue? I am going to try to revive my #1 remote (which I never used since purchasing the car) to see if it is related to the remote, but I was hoping someone here might be able to help.

Thank you.

·
Registered
2006 STS 1SG & 2007 STS 1SE
13 Posts
The fobs do occasionally go bad. If the spare works reliably, try a new battery. A battery usually lasts me a year or more; not like my old Buick where the OEM fob battery lasted more than six years!

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
29,072 Posts
Sometimes a wireless phone will interfere with a fob. Next time it happens try turning off your phone.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts