Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As stated above my key fob will not activate my door locks (all) or the trunk and fuel door. The valet switch is OFF. fuses and relays seem ok. Also the air ride does not work all the time. when it does it works fine...seems like after a stop and ensuing cool down it literally sounds like the front end is going to fall off, and every bump is coming up through the trunk floor. very recently the tranny started not wanting to shift...but not super bad...i may have over filled.? other than this baby is cherry....lol for a mature beauty she has aged really well...any help appreciated...i'm a musician...not knowledgeable about vehicles.

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
88,663 Posts
As stated above my key fob will not activate my door locks (all) or the trunk and fuel door. The valet switch is OFF. fuses and relays seem ok.
Might be a dead battery in the key fob.

Also the air ride does not work all the time. when it does it works fine...seems like after a stop and ensuing cool down it literally sounds like the front end is going to fall off, and every bump is coming up through the trunk floor. very recently the tranny started not wanting to shift...but not super bad...i may have over filled.?
You don't have "air ride" . You have air assisted rear shocks for level control.
Chances are the compressor has failed, level sensor has failed or you have an air leak in one of the shock bladders or air lines.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
21,445 Posts
As stated above my key fob will not activate my door locks (all) or the trunk and fuel door. The valet switch is OFF. fuses and relays seem ok. Also the air ride does not work all the time. when it does it works fine...seems like after a stop and ensuing cool down it literally sounds like the front end is going to fall off, and every bump is coming up through the trunk floor. very recently the tranny started not wanting to shift...but not super bad...i may have over filled.? other than this baby is cherry....lol for a mature beauty she has aged really well...any help appreciated...i'm a musician...not knowledgeable about vehicles.
=============================
i'm a musician...not knowledgeable about vehicles.
so - what CAN you do? do you have tools and a facility to work on your car?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. Battery key fob has been changed...no improvement. I do have "regular" tools and a non heated detached 2.5 car garage...no lift, no ramps, but i do have jack stands. i also purchased the service manual from ALLDATA for my vehicle. it is fairly good and easy to follow in most areas, but not all. anyplace with better illustrations? i can find certain schematics, but cant really read them (dont know symbols etc)

·
Administrator
2002 F55 STS, 2014 Explorer XLT, F-150s
75,429 Posts
Alldatadiy.com is the GM/Cadillac/Helm service manuals online. Exact same as my 2002 paper manual set, and Alldata is much easier to find stuff in.

You might find a paper manual set on ebay. Each of those 2 books is thicker than an old NYC telephone book ............
Box Furniture Metal

Text Font Technology Electronics Book

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
21,445 Posts
OK - ready?

STEP #1 - ALWAYS - check for DTC's - Diagnostic Trouble Codes -