Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Just bought my first caddy :bouncy: 93 sts in pearl white

I only got one set of keys with a remote.
The remote was not working (changed battery)
Tried progaming a described in varrious web sites to no avail.
Borrowed a friends remote also 93 sts , would do the lock and unlock part during programing , but after removing link by pulldown remote still did not work. Could this be because it is a secondary remote and not the primary :confused:

Second problem is hen I use the key to open the door the security goes off, but I have no problem starting the car.

Have not yet purchased a workshop manual but I think that maybe coming soon.

Any help on this will be gratfully recieved

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
WELCOME!!!!!
:worship: 93 sts. I almost got one of them but i had to settle for the 92 eldo. I don't know much about key fobs and security. There are plenty of people in this forum that can help you with that queston better than i can so lets see what others have to say.

so welcome to cadillac forums

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Sevice manual

Your really going to need the factory service manual. These can often be found on eBay or you can buy a new one for about a $100. It is a 2 volume set. New ones are at www.helminc.com .

There is a complete chapter on just the RKE entry system. Also the Theft system is closely tied into the RKE system. You did some of the actual tests such as trying a known good remote.

A couple of other ideas...

Key on engine off. You then ground the wire in the trunk. You should then hear the locks cycle. You then only have 30 seconds to program the remotes. You can only have 2 remotes max. You press the unlock twice on the remote. Again you should hear the locks cycle. You may want to try programming the one remote twice. That may get it to work. Then you disconnect the ground and test the remote(s).

That being said it sounds as if there is really something else going on. It sounds like its a bad RKE module to me.

Logan

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
remote 93 sts

Thanks for the help

On trying to program friends remote for the second time it worked on my sts. But unfortunatly I had to give it back.

Still having the same problem with the security....did not have prob when using remote

Any input will be gratfully received

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
flyrite