Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any guesses when the 2006 will be released?

Any information regarding the 2006 CTS-V other than that which has already been mentioned previously (i.e., change to the LS2, etc.)?

Any idea what the MSRP, invoice, etc. will be?

If you haven't gathered, I'm getting a bit anxious . . .

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V, 1993 Allante, 2004 SRX
18 Posts
The online order guide was put up last Saturday.

Sunroof is now standard equipment. Sunroof delete optional.
Goodyear RSA now standard equipment. Eagles are optional.

It looks like they may have added wood trim to the center stack. Look at the radio picture in the online order guide. I have seen regular 2006 CTS's on the showroom floor with this wood trim on the center stack.

·
Registered
Owned 3 V's, now driving a Wrangler and XT5
2,574 Posts
Link to the online ordering?

Cadillac.com still shows 2005 cars and 2005 pricing.

·
Registered
'99 De Ville, '05 CTS-V
535 Posts
"Goodyear RSA now standard equipment. Eagles are optional."

Isn't this the tire that gets so many negative reviews/comments? It's an all-season tire, right?

·
Registered
2,574 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I saw the online order information, but didn't know if anyone had heard any other rumors. Strangely, the online ordering information indicates, "No Distribution Updates Available for the Selected Time Frame." In light of what appears to be some smokin' deals on new '05s (and occasionally, even new '04s), I hate to miss out on a great opportunity, but I'd like to have at least enough information to make an informed decision and evaluate whether the current "deals" are in fact such. If I can get a '06 for around $47K, I'll probably wait (especially, if some sort of 0% financing is offered once the "Employee Pricing" deal ends). On the other hand, if the same ding bat dealers that have 05's that haven't moved expect to get sticker price on an '06 and no special financing is available, I'd be stupid not to go with an '05. Dilemma, dilemma, dilemma . . .

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Jurisimprudence said:
I saw the online order information, but didn't know if anyone had heard any other rumors. Strangely, the online ordering information indicates, "No Distribution Updates Available for the Selected Time Frame." In light of what appears to be some smokin' deals on new '05s (and occasionally, even new '04s), I hate to miss out on a great opportunity, but I'd like to have at least enough information to make an informed decision and evaluate whether the current "deals" are in fact such. If I can get a '06 for around $47K, I'll probably wait (especially, if some sort of 0% financing is offered once the "Employee Pricing" deal ends). On the other hand, if the same ding bat dealers that have 05's that haven't moved expect to get sticker price on an '06 and no special financing is available, I'd be stupid not to go with an '05. Dilemma, dilemma, dilemma . . .
I hear you loud and clear. I still think I am waiting for the 06. Hopefully the wheel hop is mostly fixed (based on the TSB) and the rear is upgraded. I am also looking forward to the tuning options for the LS2.

·
Registered
444 Posts
NIK said:
"Goodyear RSA now standard equipment. Eagles are optional."

Isn't this the tire that gets so many negative reviews/comments? It's an all-season tire, right?
Yea those are the ones.
Chesrown Cadillac warrenty'd my original F1's due to wear and they put the RSAs on and i am absolutly discusted by the tires.:vomit:Aceleration is horrible compared to the F1s.Cornerring is non existant.Although the ride is a little softer & quiter.I will not accepth these tires on my V.I called up to Chesrown with my with the dispute and there putting my F1s back on.A little worn or not there is no way i can have thos slush donuts goodyear calls a tire.

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
steve711 said:
Yea those are the ones.
Chesrown Cadillac warrenty'd my original F1's due to wear and they put the RSAs on and i am absolutly discusted by the tires.:vomit:Aceleration is horrible compared to the F1s.Cornerring is non existant.Although the ride is a little softer & quiter.I will not accepth these tires on my V.I called up to Chesrown with my with the dispute and there putting my F1s back on.A little worn or not there is no way i can have thos slush donuts goodyear calls a tire.
Aaahh, another dissatisfied RS-A customer! Your feedback is appreciated.

·
Registered
444 Posts
thebigjimsho said:
Anything for the crew :)
Whatever i can do to get these tires off the road for me the better.
I had a my z & ta with those tires and i can pretty much be ok with an F-body having thses tires, But having them on a 52 & change 400 hp V :wtf:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Jurisimprudence, I'd go with the '05 now.. don't be expecting 0% from GMAC any time soon and GMS is up for good at the end of this month.

Look for 'value pricing' from here on out with GM.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So, what exactly is 'value pricing'? I can't imagine that they won't be running some sort of special deals. After all, there are still new '04s on lots (albeit very few), and the '06s should be out in about a month. Heck, there's still '05s out there too. If these still exist even after the "employee pricing" and other incentives, how do they expect to sell new ones if they don't otherwise do some form of special financing, reduced pricing, rebate, etc.? In reality, I can't imagine that it costs them that much more to produce a V than it does a GTO. There is already a built in profit margin. Don't get me wrong, I don't expect them to discount too much, or else they run into the price structure of other cars, but I think something is goint to have to be done. . .

·
Registered
'04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V, '13ZL1, '12 V, '16 Z06 SC757
6,440 Posts
If my numbers are correct, roughly 4,000 2004's and 5,000 2005's, my guess is that 2006 will be the lowest production numbers yet. I predict somewhere below 3,000. Also, if there is any difficulty in retro-fitting mod's to the LS2 eguipped CTS-V's the aftermarket will avoid this car like the plague.

In 2007 we are due for a redesign, but will probably keep the LS2, making the 2006 a lame duck. 2007's, with their new bodies, will require a redesign of nearly all aftermarket parts. IMHO, the 2005 is the last viable/mod-able V for the enthusiast.

·
Registered
2006 CTS V & 1993 Eldorado
173 Posts
thebigjimsho said:
Make that one more. These tires have to be some of the worst ever, and worse yet, they aren't cheap.

·
Registered
173 Posts
gswoff said:
Jurisimprudence, I'd go with the '05 now.. don't be expecting 0% from GMAC any time soon and GMS is up for good at the end of this month.

Look for 'value pricing' from here on out with GM.
Value pricing - anyone care to venture a guess as to what the heck that phrase means. Just wait GM will drop its pants again when the customers stop coming because they are waiting for "the deal."

·
Registered
20 Posts
Here's the deal, 'value pricing' means, most of all, that 2006+ will typically have lower invoice prices - trying to slowly keep their distance from HUGE rebates and incentives (don't get me wrong, there will be some deals)... this is mainly an effort to help retain the residual value of GM vehicles. All in all, you have to realize that if they're offering $7000 off model end Escalades (for example), that vehicle is on average worth LESS $7000, so watch out.

Lookout for Reduction Allowance money on Smartbuys and Cap Cost Reduction money on SmartLeases real soon on the '05's ---> I grabbed the $3000 RA and $1000 Hotbutton cash a few months back when I got my '05.

There aren't enough '05 V's for a major incentizived rate/deep rebate to come out to get rid of them; they didn't offer 0% or similar on the '04's to roll them off Dealer lots.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I agree with you for the most part. Sorry, I wasn't just talking about V's - I was referring to GM in general, no pun intended. I got similar rebates when I leased mine too. I'm not sure how lowering your prices whether it is with rebates or just lower prices helps yours/my residual. I've come to the conclusion that you can't afford not to lease a GM vehicle through GMAC. We just saw Chesrown offering 05s with no miles for $39995 - so I'm not sure what you mean by no deals.

·
Registered
2017 CTS-V, sold: 2011 CTS-V Sedan, 2004 CTS-V
156 Posts
Getting back to the 2006, what's the deal with the WF2 engine appearance package option? Factory carbon fiber for under the hood?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts