Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Deville
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced my windshield wiper fuse, and when I turned on my car I smelled burning plastic. Has anyone else had a problem with this and are there replacement parts available? It destroyed 4 relays, and the part they plug into.
Sleeve Grey Wood Art Space
 

·
Administrator
2002 F55 STS, 2014 Explorer XLT, F-150s
Joined
·
74,975 Posts
You FIRST need to find the large short circuit, then replace the entire fuse/relay box and some wiring. Rocket Science.

Did you use the correct value fuse for that circuit - same as factory original?

Parts from either local junkyards, www.car-part.com or www.cadillacheaven.com.

Tips and procedures in the GM/Cadillac service manuals at www.alldatadiy.com. MAYBE something in a Google search for "cadillac forums 1998 deville fuse relay box replacement".
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Top