Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1984 cadillac fleetwood (sold) 1989 cadillac d'elegance
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I am upgrading my headlights to some with removable bulbs and getting away from sealed beams. I bought some autopal hi and lo beam housings and I'm going to put in relay harnesses to do it right and make sure the lights always have a good power source... I've found the lo beam harness I want to get (putco 230004hw) for about $39.00 but I can't find a harness for the h1 or hi beams... What are you guys doing for the hi beam harness? I'd rather not make one myself as I am not the greatest with electrical and would rather buy one already made up... Let me know if any of you have a source, preferably under $50.00. Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone? Maybe I posted this in the wrong section :confused:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Google "H1 relay harness"
I did and all I get is "hid conversion harnesses" no "booster harnesses". So the ends to the bulbs are the wrong socket.... I found one on Ebay but it is overseas and I don't know quality on it and don't really want to wait 30-45 days... I read on here several people have upgraded their lights and recommended housings but no one said any sources for their H1 highbeam relay harness.
I searched quite a bit before asking you guys and posting this in hopes to get opinions and expert advice since you all have the same car and many have already upgraded this...
Maybe I'm missing it on Ebay and Google searches? A brand, model, or direct link would be really nice. I searched again before responding and still haven't found one....
Thanks in advance for the help!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Super Moderator
2014 ELR
9,724 Posts
You can buy whatever harness you want and simply get H1 connectors at your local parts store and re-pin the wires for the new connector.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts