Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 92 Seville that displays "Very Low Refrigerant, AC Compressor Off". The low pressure switch is closed but the compressor will not run. What do I need to do to get the compressor to run?
Todd
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,805 Posts
douthit said:
I have a 92 Seville that displays "Very Low Refrigerant, AC Compressor Off". The low pressure switch is closed but the compressor will not run. What do I need to do to get the compressor to run?
Todd
Hey todd

WELCOME to the forums. Thanks for signing up. Do you know if you still are running the old ac system in that car or did it get swithced over.

My take on ac units. That is a garages job. I just won't deal with it. Hopefully others will see this post and let you know if it can be fiexed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Old system R-12. I am mechanicially inclined and can fix the system if I can just get the compressor to run.
JJhomer83 said:
Hey todd

WELCOME to the forums. Thanks for signing up. Do you know if you still are running the old ac system in that car or did it get swithced over.

My take on ac units. That is a garages job. I just won't deal with it. Hopefully others will see this post and let you know if it can be fiexed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
Todd,
You will have to disconnect the battery for a few minutes to reset the Very Low Refrig code. Then the compressor will run.


douthit said:
I have a 92 Seville that displays "Very Low Refrigerant, AC Compressor Off". The low pressure switch is closed but the compressor will not run. What do I need to do to get the compressor to run?
Todd
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
ipncjh1 said:
Todd,
You will have to disconnect the battery for a few minutes to reset the Very Low Refrig code. Then the compressor will run.
BE CAREFUL! if you do that, the compressor will run again, but it will probably burn up. I did it, so I learned this the hard way... about $1300 worth. If you have the a/c system changed over to the new juice, make sure they know what they are doing. they have to add lubricant to the freon or the compressor will burn up. if they didn't add it, you will get that message. it has freon, but it doesn't have lubricant, and if you keep resetting it with the battery disconnect, it will burn up the second or third time you do that.
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
uplink
Top