Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Mercedes E450 Cabriolet, previous 2013 ATS 2.0T AWD, 1973 Corvette 454
2,364 Posts
----------

[/COLOR]
I am not being negative, hell I wanted to like the car as much as anyone else but when there is a problem with the
manual transmission right out of the gate that should raise some concerns. Loose seat, HVAC issues, reduced
engine power, noise from the steering wheel just to name a few. The gas mileage was suppose to be
"well into the 30's but they missed that target as well. I know this is a first generation car but
this seems like the old GM all over again.
I defy you to find or site ANY first year model cars that have NO problems.......I didn't think so....how about second or third?....I had a stuck turbo (was replaced) and a minor door problem. Do I automatically categorize the car as well the "old gm" again? No, the car is absolutely a dream to drive; GM quickly took care of my problems (along with others on this forum) no questions asked! Love this car; and I've had my fair share of Caddy's through the years.....

·
Registered
ATS 2.0T
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Update! They replaced the ECU and everything seems to be working correctly. Hopefully that will be the end of the problem.

·
Registered
2013 ATS
3 Posts
I had the same thing happen this morning. The check engine light came on, a warning came on saying "service stabiltrak system", and it displayed "reduced engine power". I couldn't go over 20 mph. My ATS has been randomly, violently shaking as well when I stop.

I had previously scheduled service for the end of the week - my CUE is out of date. However, when I called, the maintenance guy said I should've received a letter from GM if my CUE was out of date (which I hadn't received). I had him look it up anyway, and my CUE did need an update.

I'll let you know if they fix it.

12,857 Posts
I had the same thing happen this morning. The check engine light came on, a warning came on saying "service stabiltrak system", and it displayed "reduced engine power". I couldn't go over 20 mph. My ATS has been randomly, violently shaking as well when I stop.

I had previously scheduled service for the end of the week - my CUE is out of date. However, when I called, the maintenance guy said I should've received a letter from GM if my CUE was out of date (which I hadn't received). I had him look it up anyway, and my CUE did need an update.

Hello adev,

Please keep us updated after your dealer visit. If there are concerns or questions you would like to discuss, please private message us.

Regards,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0T RWD. 2011 STI Hatchback.
293 Posts
I am not being negative, hell I wanted to like the car as much as anyone else but when there is a problem with the
manual transmission right out of the gate that should raise some concerns. Loose seat, HVAC issues, reduced
engine power, noise from the steering wheel just to name a few. The gas mileage was suppose to be
"well into the 30's but they missed that target as well. I know this is a first generation car but
this seems like the old GM all over again.
No problems on my ATS. I CHIMED IN BECAUSE YOU DON'T HEAR FROM MEMBERS WITH NO ISSUES.

·
Registered
2013 ATS
3 Posts

UPDATE- I've had my car back for about a week and the problems seem to be fixed. They had to replace the electronic control module and also updated my CUE. Before replacing the ECM, I was getting around 17-18mpg nonhighway, now it's over 20.

While they had it in the shop, they also noted that the touch screen wasn't responding as intended (I just thought it was supposed to be slow). They are replacing that as well.

·
Registered
2015 Escalade
1 Posts
2015 Escalade. Temperature about 2. Truck started. Extremely rough idle. Message on Dashboard "Reduced Engine Power". Check Engine Light on. Sent Dealer an Email. Told to call Roadside Assistance. That works for me. Any thoughts out there as to what is actually going on with the vehicle?

·
Super Moderator
2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6, 2016 Mustang GT Performance Pack, M6
6,723 Posts
2015 Escalade. Temperature about 2. Truck started. Extremely rough idle. Message on Dashboard "Reduced Engine Power". Check Engine Light on. Sent Dealer an Email. Told to call Roadside Assistance. That works for me. Any thoughts out there as to what is actually going on with the vehicle?
No. But you posted in the ATS forum so you might find more first hand experience if you posted in the Escalade forum: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-esv-forum-2015/

21 - 29 of 29 Posts