Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
ATS 2.0T
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have had my new ATS for a week and a half, 250 miles on it. I have already had it in for service when the check engine light turned on. They said it was a faulty gas cap and replaced it, took a day and a half. On Christmas I was taking the family on a small trip when I had a very scary experience. Making a left on to a busy road I accelerated when all of the sudden the car felt like it downshifted. It was a very violent movement throwing everyone forward in their safety belts. This almost caused a very serious accident. The car was driving very slow and I managed to pull over. The check engine light, stability control and another light above that had illuminated. I also noticed the message Reduced Engine Power scrolling across the screen. I managed to get the car home at a slow pace. All of the warning lights had turned off except the check engine light. Road side assistance towed the car to the dealer and I am waiting to hear from them. This is crazy for a brand new car to have this many issues. I am now getting a bad feeling about my purchase. Anyone ever have a problems with a new car like this and how did the car company handle it? Thanks.

·
Registered
2006 STS 1SG & 2007 STS 1SE
13 Posts
Sounds like a stability/traction control issue. You did the right thing having it towed to the nearest dealer. Have they given you a suitable loaner while they fix it?

·
Registered
ATS 2.0T
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They gave me one the first time. I did not ask this time. I will wait to see how long they say repairs will be. If it's quick I don't need one, if it will be a while I will get one. The only thing I don't like is they use Enterprise for their loaners. Just one more level of crap to deal with, IMO.

·
Registered
ATS Premium 3.6 AWD
235 Posts
shelby12 said:
After following the forums there seems to be way too many problems with this car even considering it is new.
I'm kind of curious when/if I experience my first major issue. Knock on wood, I've only had some minor software problems and one time my rear back up sensors detected an obstacle and wouldn't let me drive anywhere (I turned the sensors off/back back on and was able to drive)

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0T Premium WDT, 2011 Denali WDT
208 Posts
After following the forums there seems to be way too many problems with this car even considering it is new.
It's called mass production. Things happen. We had to take ours in yesterday for an issue. If that issue had been on say a 2nd or 3rd generation ATS then I'd have an issue but it was something that Cadillac just found out and it was fixed.

·
Registered
2013 ATS Premium 3.6 RWD WDT/LPB
158 Posts
I don't share the same conclusion though. It is human nature that we only hear about the problems and gripes. Others want to share their information out there to see if anyone else has the same problem and what was the fix. There are many others not experiencing problems and you don't hear posts saying "Wow no problems with my car and I love everything about it". I frequent other sites like BMW and Porsche and I hear many problems and gripes about their cars too and most are not new models like the ATS and are very established designs and manufacturing. So please don’t jump on the negative band wagon and cause unnecessary alarming comments. Thanks.

·
Registered
Ats 2.0t Premium
50 Posts
I don't share the same conclusion though. It is human nature that we only hear about the problems and gripes. Others want to share their information out there to see if anyone else has the same problem and what was the fix. There are many others not experiencing problems and you don't hear posts saying "Wow no problems with my car and I love everything about it". I frequent other sites like BMW and Porsche and I hear many problems and gripes about their cars too and most are not new models like the ATS and are very established designs and manufacturing. So please don’t jump on the negative band wagon and cause unnecessary alarming comments. Thanks.
Hear hear !!!

·
Registered
2006 STS 1SG & 2007 STS 1SE
13 Posts
It is the nature of forums to come off negative. Problems are a greater motivation than expectations met.

·
Registered
914 Posts
It definitely is the nature of forums. On the BMW sites a few years ago, by reading the posts you'd have thought most 335s had fuel pump issues, but in reality only about 3% that did.

·
Registered
ATS 3.6 Premium. Opulent Blue
70 Posts
It definitely is the nature of forums. On the BMW sites a few years ago, by reading the posts you'd have thought most 335s had fuel pump issues, but in reality only about 3% that did.
What's your source for that 3% figure? I also thought it was higher, maybe because my fuel pump failed, but I thought given the recall and class action settlement the number was higher. Nonetheless I agree with the point that you mostly hear about problems on these boards, and the number of complaints on the BMW boards are very high but don't seem to scare too many people off.

By the way, I took delivery last week and love my ATS so far, although I have barely driven it. No problems yet, and much happier with CUE that the Idrive on my Z4

·
Registered
92 Allanté, 2013 ATS4
348 Posts
Very well expressed; thanks for writing this. BTW, I DO love my new ATS and have had no problems as of yet with it.....

·
Registered
2019 Mercedes E450 Cabriolet, previous 2013 ATS 2.0T AWD, 1973 Corvette 454
2,364 Posts
I'll bet donuts to dollars he has a failed or stuck turbo if he has the 2.0T engine....happened to me early, they replaced turbo at dealership....not another problem since then...

12,821 Posts
Any updates, howcome? If you need for us to check into anything further, we can be reached via email at [email protected]. If you needed immediate assistance, the Cadillac Customer Assistance Center may be best. That number is 800-458-8006 (Hours: Mon to Sat, 8am to 9pm ET; Closed Sunday).

Sarah (Assisting Katie), Cadillac Customer Service

·
Registered
ATS 2.0T
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quick update. They have a senior tech driving the car with something monitoring the engine. Hopefully I will hear something soon.

·
Registered
15 Posts

I am not being negative, hell I wanted to like the car as much as anyone else but when there is a problem with the
manual transmission right out of the gate that should raise some concerns. Loose seat, HVAC issues, reduced
engine power, noise from the steering wheel just to name a few. The gas mileage was suppose to be
"well into the 30's but they missed that target as well. I know this is a first generation car but
this seems like the old GM all over again.

·
Registered
ATS 2.0T AWD Premium
88 Posts
I am not being negative, hell I wanted to like the car as much as anyone else but when there is a problem with the
manual transmission right out of the gate that should raise some concerns. Loose seat, HVAC issues, reduced
engine power, noise from the steering wheel just to name a few. The gas mileage was suppose to be
"well into the 30's but they missed that target as well. I know this is a first generation car but
Wow, quite a list of problems, none of which I am experiencing. Love my ATS and would have to disagree that it is "the Old GM" again.

·
Registered
2013 ATS Premium 3.6 RWD WDT/LPB
158 Posts
shelby12,

Oh and the sky is falling too! Your post really is a negative exaggeration. You don’t get it. There are plenty of ATS cars out there that don’t have any problems.

·
Registered
2015 SRX Luxury
481 Posts
Do you own an ATS? I'm guessing not by your reference to problems that have been mentioned but few have encountered. I have a Premium ATS 2.0 and both my wife and I love everything about it Everytime I drive the car it makes me smile and I have yet to have any regrets buying it. We have about 2100 miles on it and so far no issues. The car is awesome and if you don't like what you read about it then don't buy it. I find that there are many lurkers who can't afford to buy a car like this and just look for some excuse to dis it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts