Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
5 hours ago I just put on a new Katech belt tensioner to assist the belt slip. Drove around normal like (20 minutes). Came home, washed the car (some water got into the engine) lite spray with covered box and engine running.

Went to crank her and nothing but a start up, loss of hp and cut off...only reduce engine power and then oil flashing nav- oil temps were fine as I was just washing the car and the fluid levels are good.

Last crank zero - no power, no radio, lights etc. Dead.

Brand new battery - tried charging it with a jump...got power but still no start-up.

Edit - engine light has been on but cleared it because it was from the headers. Only now an oil light comes on?

• checked plugs, maf, connections, air box, etc.
Alternator is what I'm leaning towards. I was probably running on all battery without the alternator and drained the new battery.

Any thoughts as to what else it may be?

Tow truck will be here with a flat bed tomorrow.:mad:

Thanks,
Chef

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
By "no start up", do you mean it cranked and not fired, or are you getting the dreaded "clickclickclickclick" when you turn the key?

·
26,239 Posts
Hmm.... usually a CTS with a dead battery clicks. Sounds like something may have gotten wet. I didn't quite follow the part of your original post about running with no alternator- were you driving with it disconnected, or was the car just in accessory mode while you washed it?

·
26,239 Posts
Nevermind- I reread your OP and understand it now. You're thinking the alternator went dead while driving, hence the dead battery.

Even with a bad alternator, you should be able to get it started by charging the battery up.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Even with a bad alternator, you should be able to get it started by charging the battery up.
No doubt. The battery will charge again on a trickle overnight but if the alternator's bad it'll die just as quick because I'll be on feedin' on all bat...

Yikes! Maybe the mod bug that bit you had lime disease...
Even in mod hell there's some ache. That's the only way I'd want it.

Now I know where the phrase:
No Pain...No Gain came from...
Obviously An HP performance Guru Not A Purist...:stirpot:

·
Registered
2009 Z06 / 2013 F150 EcoBeast / 2008 Twin-Turbo Bimmer
4,860 Posts
$100 says your battery (beyond being dead now) and the alternator are fine. A flat battery is an expected side effect of trying to start an engine that is telling you it doesn't want to start.

May wish to check the electronic variable valve that regulates atmospheric flow into the engine along with its controller. The residual mods from your Maggie install along with water on the controller are appearing in the crystal ball...

This isn't my first rodeo. :cowboy:

·
Registered
'05 LS6 V Stealth Grey; '14 Z71 SLT Sierra 1500 Stealth Grey
2,821 Posts
Damn that sucks buddy. I hope you take some tylenol to make the headache go away.

·
Banned
Cadillac
174 Posts
100 bucks says you somehow let the fusebox get wet and blew a fuse. Id check this. I blew a fuse the other day and my car wouldnt start at all. But all my electronics work. See if your radio etc works. and let us know. replaced the fuse - all gravy.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SV,

Where is the electronic variable valve? I need an electrician? I can figure something out if I see it and it's broke but wiring and or electronics:confused:

Before I call the tow truck I'd like to dig into it for a bit...Took a vacation day today just for my lovely....

thx again...

·
Registered
2009 Z06 / 2013 F150 EcoBeast / 2008 Twin-Turbo Bimmer
4,860 Posts
Think long an hard about the description and you'll figure it out. It's a little mental exercise on 427 worthiness, bridge burning and mod hell survival.

·
Registered
2004 CTSV(killed), 2005 CTSV(killed that too). 2004 DTS.
1,576 Posts
May wish to check the electronic variable valve that regulates atmospheric flow into the engine along with its controller. The residual mods from your Maggie install along with water on the controller are appearing in the crystal ball...
I bet you can write a good service ticket.

·
Registered
2004 CTSV(killed), 2005 CTSV(killed that too). 2004 DTS.
1,576 Posts
100 bucks says you somehow let the fusebox get wet and blew a fuse. Id check this. I blew a fuse the other day and my car wouldnt start at all. But all my electronics work. See if your radio etc works. and let us know. replaced the fuse - all gravy.
Hey bleeee, sign up for Homestead. Nasafl.com
Its less than a speeding ticket.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ok...messed with it for a while now. TB reset, took TB apart back on, plugs, connections, etc. etc...checked wiring.

Now I need a damn beer:alchi:

Went to auto zone - 3 week old battery is flat dead...Charged it to full. Put er in...a flicker of lights...then dead...nothing again. Took TB off, back on/off...makes zero sound as if the soul is gone...

Ignition, spark, alternator, wiring/fuses are next....

Can't tell if fuses are blown or not...:mad:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts