Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone just let the recorder record data the whole time car is in use? If so, does it automatically start each time you start car or do you have to manually start recording each time?

· Registered
12 Posts
Does anyone just let the recorder record data the whole time car is in use? If so, does it automatically start each time you start car or do you have to manually start recording each time?
On my 2020 CT5, the recorder automatically starts when you start the car. It only records while the car is operating.
The memory card slot to store the recording is located in the trunk on the right side near the trunk door.

Hope that helps.

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On my 2020 CT5, the recorder automatically starts when you start the car. It only records while the car is operating.
The memory card slot to store the recording is located in the trunk on the right side near the trunk door.

Hope that helps.
Thanks. Yeah, I have a card installed. So, you are saying there is no setup to start recording, all you have to do is insert a card? I'm going to check and see if there is any data on my card.

· Premium Member
2023 CT5-V RWD / 2020 XT6 Sport / 2024 Lyriq AWD (reserved)
5,499 Posts
I have mine programmed to record as soon as I start the car. It basically acts like a dashcam.

· Registered
36 Posts
The SVR also will start recording if you use the auto start function, I have both the SVR and PDR recording at all times with audio off. Nice to have just in case, especially with other drivers these days.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts