Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Seville SLS
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wandering about the reconditioned engines 97eldocoupe sells at http://www.northstarperformance.com/engines.php like what comes with the engines? is it just the block or does it come with the heads? also do you have any pics of them. and has anyone here purchased them and are you happy with it or should i just get the stud kit. and this is for a 1994 seville 4.6l thanks

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
71,110 Posts
Call Jake at his shop in Canada. he's a member in here. Nice guy.

·
Registered
2000 Polo Green Metallic Cadillac STS 60K
787 Posts
No these are complete engine assemblies that Jake sells. I wouldnt hesitate to buy one of these engines from Jake. From what i've heard he has plenty of experience with these motors and actually gaurantees his stud work. Great forum member. Who will be installing your motor?

·
Registered
1994 Seville SLS
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the reply. i will be installing the motor with my brother-in-law who is a mechanic. i still need to use all my accessories right. and any tips for the install when/if i decide to do it?

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
71,110 Posts
rellsun, Go slow, check everything twice, and make double damn sure that the engine and body grounds are good, clean, and tight. If the GM Manual calls for a torque setting, use it. If you can, make a jury-rig pump arrangement and pump about 6 quarts of oil through the dry engine. Pump through the oil cooler fittings on the adapter. Use a new filter, filled before you screw it on, very hand-tight. When the engine settles down after start - 1500 rpm for 10 minutes - shut down, top up with good 10W-30 to halfway up the dipstick hashmarks. All the way to the top mark is overfilled. Use Jake's recommendation on new engine break-in procedure and oil/filter change.

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
Alaskabob, please use the Classifieds link at the top of this forum page if you have any goods you wish to sell. It is completely free to use and keeps clutter out of the forums.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts