Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When we purchased our 2017 Escalade last weekend, we opted out of the dealership’s warranty, but after a week of unexpected issues with the Adaptive Cruise Control, I’m starting to wonder if I made a mistake.

Anyone have any favorite warranty providers they’d recommend? I called Olive and they were $75 - $189 a month depending on deductible.

Our 2017 Luxury model has about 51K miles on it, and we hope to keep it for a very long time.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
being that you opted to skip the GM warranty I'd just skip and pay if/when you need it.

here are some thoughts regarding extended warranties: Should You Buy an Extended Warranty on Your Car? - Clark Howard

Hope this helps.
So I learned something amazing today! We bought this pre-owned, just a week and a half ago. I signed in to my.cadillac.com and learned that the first owner bought the 50K extended warranty that transferred to us, so I'm good until 2023, and 100,247 miles. This was a wonderful discovery today. I just called and confirmed that we're covered.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
73,025 Posts
Good to go !!

Once again, blind luck and superstition wins out over skill and science. :cool:

·
Registered
09 Escalade ESV Platinum
547 Posts
Contract the dealer and verify your warranty is transferred and active directly from the dealer’s F&I (finance & Insurance person). Get the Ppwk in hand and then, only then, call the warranty / ESC company to verify it’s intact and ready for a claim. Find the writing on the warranty/ extended service contract that ACC is covered before you authorize any time to it.

It’s in the dealerships best interest to avoid dealing with the ACC as it’s a known troublesome issue.

Otherwise, congrats on getting a much needed break on having it serviced. Now it’s vital you keep documentation of all the required services or jeopardize it being canceled. I’m sure it’ll pay you back shortly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 5 of 5 Posts