1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
None
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
08 DTS
60K miles.

Having my center motor mount replaced with a Northstar Performance mount. While the subframe is down, is there anything preventative maintenance wise I should think about having replaced as well???

·
Registered
2011 dts premium
235 Posts
08 DTS
60K miles.

Having my center motor mount replaced with a Northstar Performance mount. While the subframe is down, is there anything preventative maintenance wise I should think about having replaced as well???
Check all mounts, check for oil or power steering leaks, only 60k so spark plugs should be Ok, any overheating issues, now would be the good time to change water pump.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
None
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. Water pump was replaced about 4 months ago so I should be golden on that aspect.

·
2006 DTS perf
2006 DTS Performance Lux III
1,045 Posts
Change all motor mounts and torque mount. The rubber degrades over time and cracks even with low mileage. Check the serpentine belt and tensioner also.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Change all motor mounts and torque mount. The rubber degrades over time and cracks even with low mileage. Check the serpentine belt and tensioner also.
Why is he removing the sub frame? We never do. The more you remove the more problems you can end up with. If he removed the sub frame you need to get a Wheel Alignment.

·
Registered
None
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alldata instructs that the subframe needs dropped. I've been told it can be done without dropping it, and I mentioned that. We'll see once Northstar Performance gets the center mount and ECU to me. Jake @ Northstar also recommended that I have the TCC Solenoid swapped out at that time as well as the transmission fluid and filter(since subframe is down).
Alignment will be done as well.
Upper dog done(torque mount) has already been replaced.

·
2006 DTS perf
1,045 Posts
Alldata instructs that the subframe needs dropped. I've been told it can be done without dropping it, and I mentioned that. We'll see once Northstar Performance gets the center mount and ECU to me. Jake @ Northstar also recommended that I have the TCC Solenoid swapped out at that time as well as the transmission fluid and filter(since subframe is down).
Alignment will be done as well.
Upper dog done(torque mount) has already been replaced.
Cadillac recommends the trans fluid be changed at 100k I did mine at 91k. The fluid was still pink but darker than the new fluid.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Cadillac recommends the trans fluid be changed at 100k I did mine at 91k. The fluid was still pink but darker than the new fluid.
Do you have any TCC Solenoid codes? You can change the transmission fluid by dropping the pan and seeing what’s in the bottom. The trans pan gasket is reusable and you just have to clean the screens. You should get about 10qts out. If you have 100k you should be more interested in replace the guides for the timing chains. I don’t know what level of performance you going after, but if you’re going to rev it high I would do the guides (we recommend doing guilds at 100k to 110k). You could hang a turbo on it for more power.

·
Registered
None
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm just doing preventative maintenance here. Lol.
Car currently has 61K miles.

·
2006 DTS perf
1,045 Posts
Do you have any TCC Solenoid codes? You can change the transmission fluid by dropping the pan and seeing what’s in the bottom. The trans pan gasket is reusable and you just have to clean the screens. You should get about 10qts out. If you have 100k you should be more interested in replace the guides for the timing chains. I don’t know what level of performance you going after, but if you’re going to rev it high I would do the guides (we recommend doing guilds at 100k to 110k). You could hang a turbo on it for more power.
Luckily no codes for the Transmission. Did get about 10 quarts out also. The Trans shifts excellent. Does replacing the guides involve an engine drop? That's definitely something I want to do if replacement is recommended. A turbo sounds awesome.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts