Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2010 CTS-4 3.6 & 2008 SRX-4 V6
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a black '09 and am considering a tint. I have heard that ceramic is the way to go because of all our telecom links (Onstar, cell, Nav, etc.) but metal-based tints are obviously more common.

I live in Ontario and understand that our laws are vague - as long as the driver can be seen at a reasonable distance, we're okay. Also, because I tend to park indoors and have a tan interior, my reasons are strictly aesthetic and have little to do with UV protection.

Am open to recommendations on brands, tint grades, and colour shades.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2009 Black Cadillac CTS Direct Injection RWD
273 Posts
i had 30% Llumar (metallic) on my 2008 which was black. you could see through it from the outside and it really cleaned up the look of the car. i have not tinted my 09 yet, don't know how long i will keep it. Also, the cops have been out more than normal trying to generate some money in jersey and i am not looking for a ticket for tint. in the future i will tint my next vehicle (either new cts-v or new m-3), because they will be pulling me over for a different reason than tint....if you know what i mean.......heavy foot, fast cars....

·
Registered
2010 CTS-4 3.6 & 2008 SRX-4 V6
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i had 30% Llumar (metallic) on my 2008 which was black. you could see through it from the outside and it really cleaned up the look of the car. i have not tinted my 09 yet, don't know how long i will keep it. Also, the cops have been out more than normal trying to generate some money in jersey and i am not looking for a ticket for tint. in the future i will tint my next vehicle (either new cts-v or new m-3), because they will be pulling me over for a different reason than tint....if you know what i mean.......heavy foot, fast cars....
Thanks - and you noticed no interference with On*, Nav, XM, or anything else due to the Llumar film?

·
Registered
2009 CTS DI AWD FE2 CRYSTAL RED TINTCOAT/LIGHT TITANIUM
295 Posts
I have had Llumar (metallic) 30% rear and 35% front done. Absolutely no interference of any kind and I use AM, FM, XM, OnStar, Nav, and even Bluetooth. All are perfect! :thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts