Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
09' CTS4 3.6DI
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Land vehicle
Sadly this is the current shape of my 2nd gen CTS, It seems to my untrained eye to be mainly the fender and the shattered headlight, everything else seems fine. The headlight is still getting power and functioning as well. Is it realistic to DIY the fender? I figured the headlight I could. Any suggestions for websites with parts or how to match the paint? Or am I better of finding a cheap body shop somewhere? Has anyone had a similar repair and have advice on it?

·
Registered
2010 CTS4 sedan
2,727 Posts
Buy a new fender. Get a genuine GM fender and get it painted at a good body shop that does colour match and a good clear coat. It's an EASY bolt-on job (not without its frustrations but super easy). While you're at it, get a new headlamp assembly. The damage to the bumper is superficial and easily repaired. My $0.02.

·
Super Moderator
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
14,434 Posts
He's replaced a few fenders ^^^
I think the headlight just needs another roll of clear packing tape to be golden.

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe FE3, 2003 Thunderbird, Gone 2013 ATS, 02 Deville
2,613 Posts
A cheap body shop will get you a cheap-looking repair job.

·
Registered
2012 Silver Perf Coupe awd ; 2013 Silver Premium Coupe- awd: currently 2012 Premium Coupe -awd
374 Posts
The fender will never match without blending into the door. The hood and bumper will not be so noticeable but the door to fender match will be.

·
Registered
96 FWB
2,814 Posts
He's replaced a few fenders ^^^
I think the headlight just needs another roll of clear packing tape to be golden.
IDK this sorta treatment would tell 'em all you mean business.

Car Vehicle Photograph Grille Hood

Seriously, only you'll know whether it's worth treating her like a classy dame ----- or, well not one.

I'd tilt to the wrench on your own new fender approach (genuine GM as mentioned for the rust protection), and a premium rate paint blend as also mentioned.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts