Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2001 DTS 116,000 miles, current codes: None
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a nice steering wheel cover that looks good? I don't mind paying $20-40 for something really nice (not cheap looking).

I have a '95 STS with a light beige leather interior (almost white). The leather on the steering wheel is peeled off and doesn't look good.

Would also consider some kind of leather 'paint' if such a thing exists and looks good.

Thank you very much.

Tod

·
Registered
213 Posts
Go to www.wheelskins.com

Their leather covers are great. Not at all like those cheesy lace on pieces of junk at the autoparts store. If you take your time installing, the look is very close to factory. I put one on my 94 DeVille and mu 03 Mustang.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have a '97 Eldorado, and the steering wheel had started to look pretty bad. I considered the Wheelskins solution, but talked to a very good body shop here in Memphis about the wheel and gear shift knob. They refinished both for around $75, and they look great. Much better in my opinion than any kind of wheel cover because the look is original. Check out a quality body shop before going to a cover is my advice.:cheers:

·
Registered
2004 SLS
254 Posts
You might get lucky and find a nice steering wheel on eBay, if you are willing to step up a few bucks :thumbsup: I purchased a minty wheel from a salvage yard in Canada several months ago. Was lucky to find such on eBay.

·
Registered
8 Posts
TexasBandit said:
I have a '97 Eldorado, and the steering wheel had started to look pretty bad. I considered the Wheelskins solution, but talked to a very good body shop here in Memphis about the wheel and gear shift knob. They refinished both for around $75, and they look great. Much better in my opinion than any kind of wheel cover because the look is original. Check out a quality body shop before going to a cover is my advice.:cheers:
This is the route I would go.

·
Registered
1999 White Diamond ETC
2,538 Posts
Another vote for Wheelskins. Their color matched my stock color almost perfectly. You have to stitch it in place, but it comes with instructions and all necessary parts to do it. Feels and looks great--almost OEM vs a tacky cover.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts