Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have 207,000 on my '98 Deville and need to have 2 tires put on tomarrow. I do not beleive we have ever had new belts on this car, should I have them all changed while it is in the shop and is there any thing I should be concerned about. At 105,000 sevice they changed the platinum plugs and wires. ( just ckecked the bill and no mention of belts.). I had leaking heaters hoses this sumer and they were replaced. Car starts and runs flawlessly. I plan to drive this till spring, ( give this to my grandson) buy another '98 or '99 with low mileage. I brouse E-Bay daily but not quite ready to buy, hoping to buy one in Florida stay a few weeks and drive it home. We change the oil every 3 to 4 thousand miles, and put a quart in inbetween, but has not been back to the dealer since the 100,000 mile service. Also water pump was replaced this summer.

·
Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
1,164 Posts
supernan1414 said:
I have 207,000 on my '98 Deville and need to have 2 tires put on tomarrow. I do not beleive we have ever had new belts on this car, should I have them all changed while it is in the shop and is there any thing I should be concerned about. At 105,000 sevice they changed the platinum plugs and wires. ( just ckecked the bill and no mention of hoses). I had leaking heaters hoses this sumer and they were replaced. Car starts and runs flawlessly. I plan to drive this till spring, ( give this to my grandson) buy another '98 or '99 with low mileage. I brouse E-Bay daily but not quite ready to buy, hoping to buy one in Florida stay a few weeks and drive it home. We change the oil every 3 to 4 thousand miles, and put a quart in inbetween, but has not been back to the dealer since the 100,000 mile service. Also water pump was replaced this summer.
If the belts have never been changed, get them done. There are only 2 of them and they are inexpensive and pretty easy to change. It's also due for another set of plugs and wires, and you might want to have them drain and refill the transmission fluid. Don't let them talk you into a flush. Just a drain and refill. If the water pump was replaced over the summer then the cooling system is OK.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,781 Posts
supernan1414 said:
I have 207,000 on my '98 Deville and need to have 2 tires put on tomarrow. I do not beleive we have ever had new belts on this car
WOW, 207K on original belts. :thumbsup: I have always thought they were better than most people give them credit for. Suspisions confirmed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts